replica aware stubs - Weblogic

This is a discussion on replica aware stubs - Weblogic ; I want to know the use of relica aware stubs. I am using weblogic 7.0 and my application is deploying on a cluster setup and load balancing happens without any reference of clustering in the deployment descriptor. The weblogic document ...

  1. replica aware stubs

    I want to know the use of relica aware stubs.
    I am using weblogic 7.0 and my application is deploying on a cluster setup and
    load balancing happens without any reference of clustering in the deployment descriptor.
    The weblogic document says for replica aware stubs to be generated u have specify
    the cluster tags in the deployment descriptor.
    Why is this needed ?

  2. Re: replica aware stubs

    "Meena" wrote:

    >I want to know the use of relica aware stubs.
    >I am using weblogic 7.0 and my application is deploying on a cluster
    >setup and
    >load balancing happens without any reference of clustering in the deployment
    >descriptor.
    >The weblogic document says for replica aware stubs to be generated u
    >have specify
    >the cluster tags in the deployment descriptor.
    >Why is this needed ?

    The replica aware stubs contain the list of ejb home or remote objects. When
    a create
    method fails on a home object, the stub fails over to the other home object. In
    case of a
    SSB, if the invoked method is idempotenet, the stub fails over to other stateless
    bean. In short
    the stub has the retry logic.

+ Reply to Thread