JNDI lookup error with WLS7.0.2 Clusters - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JNDI lookup error with WLS7.0.2 Clusters - Weblogic ; Hi: We're testing clustered environments and have run into some issues with JNDI lookups for the deployed cluster which is running on a single IPAddress. Admin server info: orion:7001 Cluster Name: orionCluster managed servers: beaServerA:5001 beaServerB:5003 the JNDI request has ...

  1. JNDI lookup error with WLS7.0.2 Clusters

    Hi:

    We're testing clustered environments and have run into some issues with JNDI lookups for the deployed cluster which is running on a single IPAddress.

    Admin server info: orion:7001
    Cluster Name: orionCluster
    managed servers: beaServerA:5001
    beaServerB:5003

    the JNDI request has been attempted for the following URLs with no success:
    orionCluster:7001
    beaServerA:5001,beaServerB:5003

    Are we doing something incorrectly?

    Thanks in advance,
    Lionel

  2. Re: JNDI lookup error with WLS7.0.2 Clusters

    Lionel wrote:
    >Are we doing something incorrectly?

    Lionel,

    Have you attempted to view the JNDI tree of Managed Servers from Admin console?
    Which protocol being used to access the PROVIDER_URL? (t3, t3s, etc.)

    Brian J. Mitchell
    Systems Administrator, TRX
    email: brian.mitchell@trx.com

    PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?...rch=0x8BEE2240
    Fingerprint: 3A84 A5D6 EE26 BC10 E525 1905 6FF0 0B6F 8BEE 2240

  3. Re: JNDI lookup error with WLS7.0.2 Clusters

    "Brian Mitchell" wrote:

    >Lionel wrote:
    >>Are we doing something incorrectly?

    >Lionel,
    >
    >Have you attempted to view the JNDI tree of Managed Servers from Admin
    >console?

    Yes, and the War deployment doesn't show up on the managed server JNDI trees.
    However the application shows as having been successfully deployed.

    > Which protocol being used to access the PROVIDER_URL? (t3, t3s, etc.)

    I've tried both t3://orionCluster:7001 and t3://beaServerA:5001,beaServerB:5003
    (same IPAddress, different ports), with no luck.