JNDI / ClassNotFound problems - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JNDI / ClassNotFound problems - Weblogic ; 1 Admin Svr 2 Managed Svrs If both are started up at the same time all is well. If you start A and use it, then start B , B will fail with JNDI problems and class not found errors. ...

  1. JNDI / ClassNotFound problems

    1 Admin Svr
    2 Managed Svrs

    If both are started up at the same time all is well.

    If you start A and use it, then start B , B will fail with JNDI
    problems
    and class not found errors.

    javax.naming.CommunicationException. Root exception is
    java.rmi.ServerError: A error occurred the server; nested exception
    is:

    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

    and the other is a naming exception.

    noticed these:
    weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke( ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.java:263)
    weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke( ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.java:230)

    Could it be that it's having issues trying remote it?

    If the servers are running correctly and we bring one down and back up
    again it will go into this same failure mode...

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: JNDI / ClassNotFound problems

    Found it...
    of course with the class error it made it more obvious.
    But the problem is that it shouldn't have needed the classes there.

    For some reason the stubs where being used from the war classloader...

    odd...

    The fix was of course just to add the needed classes to the war, but
    anyone know why the stubs are doing this? without a cluster everything
    is fine.

    nolan_567@hotmail.com (SuperSlack) wrote in message news:<77060e86.0402031406.5ce1b84@posting.google.com>...
    > 1 Admin Svr
    > 2 Managed Svrs
    >
    > If both are started up at the same time all is well.
    >
    > If you start A and use it, then start B , B will fail with JNDI
    > problems
    > and class not found errors.
    >
    > javax.naming.CommunicationException. Root exception is
    > java.rmi.ServerError: A error occurred the server; nested exception
    > is:
    >
    > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
    >

    > and the other is a naming exception.
    >
    > noticed these:
    > weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke( ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.java:263)
    > weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke( ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.java:230)
    >
    > Could it be that it's having issues trying remote it?
    >

    > If the servers are running correctly and we bring one down and back up
    > again it will go into this same failure mode...
    >
    > Any ideas?

+ Reply to Thread