Hi there,

I'm trying to set up a cluster with WLS 7.0 on Linux (kernel 2.4.20).
Apparently, the OS is configured correctly: the kernel is compiled
with multicast support and multicast routes have been appropriately
defined.

The admin server starts correctly, and managed servers running on
other OSs successfully join the cluster. However, when a I try to run
a managed server on this linux, I get the following error:

<000116> join cluster testcluster at address 237.0.0.1 due to :
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.bind(Native Method)
at java.net.MulticastSocket.create(MulticastSocket.ja va:123)
at java.net.DatagramSocket.(DatagramSocket.java:135)
at java.net.DatagramSocket.(DatagramSocket.java:107)
at java.net.MulticastSocket.(MulticastSocket.java:99)
at weblogic.cluster.FragmentSocket.initializeMulticas tSocket(FragmentSocket.java:87)
at weblogic.cluster.FragmentSocket.start(FragmentSock et.java:110)
at weblogic.cluster.MulticastManager.startListening(M ulticastManager.java:140)
at weblogic.cluster.ClusterCommunicationService.initi alize(ClusterCommunicationService.java:51)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize1(T3Srvr.java:77 3)
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.initialize(T3Srvr.java:589 )
at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:277)
at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:32)

I have tried to change the multicast address but the error persists.

Am I missing something? Any help would be muchly appreciated.