We are making use of the HttpSessionBingingListener interface to track logins but are noticing a problem when we want to shutdown a WLS 6.1-SP5 server. It appears that the server stops taking new requests (as it should) and then waits for all threads to finish. But we are getting a ton of calls to our ValueUnbound() method which appears to be preventing the server from shutting down since it is taking some time to process each one of these events. Is there a way to ignore/cancel these events when a shutdown is occurring?