DNS name lookup in clustering environment - Weblogic

This is a discussion on DNS name lookup in clustering environment - Weblogic ; Hi, I have 2 managed servers hosted on different IP addresse in a cluster. I have configured Cluster address in weblogic console to these 2 IP addreses seperated by a comma. If I am doing lookup for a session bean ...

  1. DNS name lookup in clustering environment

    Hi,
    I have 2 managed servers hosted on different IP addresse in a cluster.
    I have configured Cluster address in weblogic console to these 2 IP addreses seperated
    by a comma.
    If I am doing lookup for a session bean from my application, which URL i should
    use in lookup?
    If I have a DNS name configured, how I should use it? Can I lookup using DNS name
    only?
    For Ex this is what I have done-
    I have 2 managed servers : 10.1.30.155 and 10.1.30.151
    I have configured cluster addresses to '10.1.30.155, 10.1.30.151'
    I am using url- 't3://DNSName' for Session Bean lookup.

    Can any one guide me on this?

    Thanks in advance.
    Prasanna

  2. Re: DNS name lookup in clustering environment

    When configuring a cluster, you need to have something to monitor it.
    (i.e. in order to do load balancing or failover something has to
    monitor whether the servers are active and where they are). Therefore
    you need a webserver.
    This can be as simple as a weblogic webserver (i.e. an extra managed
    server, configured on different machine and with an HttpClusterServlet
    deployed), or you can use an IIS, Apache or IPlanet web server and
    weblogic plug-in.
    For more on configuring webserver plug-in or weblogic
    HttpClusterServlet refer to edocs.bea.com
    The IP address (or DNS name if configured) of this webserver, will be
    what you need to use - as a client will never directly connect to any
    of the servers.

    Hope this helps.

    Regards,

    Suzann