Hi,
I have a requirement of schdeule update to be done once in a day in the database
and update the application scope variable in the web aplication.

I am using java.util.Timer for scheduling this task.
I am instanciating the timer object at application startup. But my web application
is in clustered environment.

I think this will this create two timer instances one on each cluster.

So will the schedule task will be performed twice?

One more question about this is
will java.util.Timer occupi one thread of the server.?

I will appreciate if someone can throw more light on this