If proxy server fails in cluster ? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on If proxy server fails in cluster ? - Weblogic ; Hi, I just want to know if the proxy server in the cluster fails,then there will be no load balancing & failover in the managed server.Is there any mechanism by which I can prevent this failover? So even if the ...

  1. If proxy server fails in cluster ?

    Hi,

    I just want to know if the proxy server in the cluster fails,then there will be
    no load balancing & failover in the managed server.Is there any mechanism by which
    I can prevent this failover?
    So even if the proxy server fails ,the running managed server will handle the
    client request.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Subodh

  2. Re: If proxy server fails in cluster ?

    Subodh,

    It will be very difficult to achieve that type of functionality. If your proxy
    server is located at http://app1/login and it proxies all HTTP requests to a weblogic
    server located at http://prod:7001/myApp/..., then you have a problem if the proxy
    fails because all users would still be attempting to login by pointing to http://app1/login
    where the proxy is located. I understand what you mean if the proxy would fail
    then automatically send the request directly to the WebLogic server, but the redirection
    is again is a proxy feature, so if the proxy is down, you've got issues. :-(

    "Subodh" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I just want to know if the proxy server in the cluster fails,then there
    >will be
    >no load balancing & failover in the managed server.Is there any mechanism
    >by which
    >I can prevent this failover?
    >So even if the proxy server fails ,the running managed server will handle
    >the
    >client request.
    >
    >Thanks & Regards,
    >Subodh