More questions about WebLogic 7.0 clustering - Weblogic

This is a discussion on More questions about WebLogic 7.0 clustering - Weblogic ; Hi Folks, I have weblogic 7.0 spX in my environment. Machine A(7001) contains AdminServer and Machine B(7002),C(7002) are managed servers.The entire configuration is in Machine A config.xml file.The config.xml file of Machine B and C have only server information. I ...

  1. More questions about WebLogic 7.0 clustering

    Hi Folks,

    I have weblogic 7.0 spX in my environment.

    Machine A(7001) contains AdminServer and Machine B(7002),C(7002) are managed servers.The
    entire configuration is in Machine A config.xml file.The config.xml file of Machine
    B and C have only server information.

    I created a cluster in Admin Box A and added Managed B and C into the cluster.Using
    iPlanet as a web server,"Cluster Address" have machine B and C iport.

    Q1: The cluster information is available in only AdminServer A config.xml file.If
    the whole box(sun solaris) goes down, what will happen to managed servers and
    cluster?

    Q2:We deploy an .ear file in Admin Server A and restart the service.As per the
    weblogic document, it should deploy the .ear automatically on managed box's.It
    does.But I don't see the whole .ear file in Machine B and C.Instead I am seeing
    the content of .ear file in exploded format.Why?

    Thank You,

    - Lara

  2. Re: More questions about WebLogic 7.0 clustering

    1) The config information is cached on the managed servers.
    2) We explode it to get access to the .jar files inside.

    Sam

    Lara Man wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I have weblogic 7.0 spX in my environment.
    >
    > Machine A(7001) contains AdminServer and Machine B(7002),C(7002) are managed servers.The
    > entire configuration is in Machine A config.xml file.The config.xml file of Machine
    > B and C have only server information.
    >
    > I created a cluster in Admin Box A and added Managed B and C into the cluster.Using
    > iPlanet as a web server,"Cluster Address" have machine B and C iport.
    >
    > Q1: The cluster information is available in only AdminServer A config.xml file.If
    > the whole box(sun solaris) goes down, what will happen to managed servers and
    > cluster?
    >
    > Q2:We deploy an .ear file in Admin Server A and restart the service.As per the
    > weblogic document, it should deploy the .ear automatically on managed box's.It
    > does.But I don't see the whole .ear file in Machine B and C.Instead I am seeing
    > the content of .ear file in exploded format.Why?
    >
    > Thank You,
    >
    > - Lara

  3. Re: More questions about WebLogic 7.0 clustering

    Weblogic has an option to enable MSI(Managed server independence). By
    enabling this feature on your managed server b & c, admin server will push
    config.xml, fileRelam.properties, SerializedSystemIni.dat etc., to all the
    managed server. Make sure you enable this functionality on only instance per
    sun server.

    When the admin server goes it should not affect the fuctionality of running
    MS, since as described before all the information are cached. You cannot
    modify any configuration at this point of time. Due to MSI enabled you
    should be able to restart the managed server.

    Aravind

    > 2) We explode it to get access to the .jar files inside.
    >
    > Sam
    >
    > Lara Man wrote:
    > > Hi Folks,
    > >
    > > I have weblogic 7.0 spX in my environment.
    > >
    > > Machine A(7001) contains AdminServer and Machine B(7002),C(7002) are

    managed servers.The
    > > entire configuration is in Machine A config.xml file.The config.xml file

    of Machine
    > > B and C have only server information.
    > >
    > > I created a cluster in Admin Box A and added Managed B and C into the

    cluster.Using
    > > iPlanet as a web server,"Cluster Address" have machine B and C iport.
    > >
    > > Q1: The cluster information is available in only AdminServer A

    config.xml file.If
    > > the whole box(sun solaris) goes down, what will happen to managed

    servers and
    > > cluster?
    > >
    > > Q2:We deploy an .ear file in Admin Server A and restart the service.As

    per the
    > > weblogic document, it should deploy the .ear automatically on managed

    box's.It
    > > does.But I don't see the whole .ear file in Machine B and C.Instead I am

    seeing
    > > the content of .ear file in exploded format.Why?
    > >
    > > Thank You,
    > >
    > > - Lara

  4. Re: More questions about WebLogic 7.0 clustering

    Thanks, Aravind.

    I do not want to enable independence mode due to security reasons.Please check
    http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/12567

    Any other way?

    "Aravind Krishnasamy" wrote:
    >Weblogic has an option to enable MSI(Managed server independence). By
    >enabling this feature on your managed server b & c, admin server will
    >push
    >config.xml, fileRelam.properties, SerializedSystemIni.dat etc., to all
    >the
    >managed server. Make sure you enable this functionality on only instance
    >per
    >sun server.
    >
    >When the admin server goes it should not affect the fuctionality of running
    >MS, since as described before all the information are cached. You cannot
    >modify any configuration at this point of time. Due to MSI enabled you
    >should be able to restart the managed server.
    >
    >Aravind
    >
    >> 2) We explode it to get access to the .jar files inside.
    >>
    >> Sam
    >>
    >> Lara Man wrote:
    >> > Hi Folks,
    >> >
    >> > I have weblogic 7.0 spX in my environment.
    >> >
    >> > Machine A(7001) contains AdminServer and Machine B(7002),C(7002)

    >are
    >managed servers.The
    >> > entire configuration is in Machine A config.xml file.The config.xml

    >file
    >of Machine
    >> > B and C have only server information.
    >> >
    >> > I created a cluster in Admin Box A and added Managed B and C into

    >the
    >cluster.Using
    >> > iPlanet as a web server,"Cluster Address" have machine B and C iport.
    >> >
    >> > Q1: The cluster information is available in only AdminServer A

    >config.xml file.If
    >> > the whole box(sun solaris) goes down, what will happen to managed

    >servers and
    >> > cluster?
    >> >
    >> > Q2:We deploy an .ear file in Admin Server A and restart the service.As

    >per the
    >> > weblogic document, it should deploy the .ear automatically on managed

    >box's.It
    >> > does.But I don't see the whole .ear file in Machine B and C.Instead

    >I am
    >seeing
    >> > the content of .ear file in exploded format.Why?
    >> >
    >> > Thank You,
    >> >
    >> > - Lara

  5. Re: More questions about WebLogic 7.0 clustering

    Hi Lara,

    There is patch available for this for 7.0 and this is fixed in sp2 and higher.

    If you are in the lower version just go to ".internal" folder in the managed server
    boxes and delete the console.war (after everytime you restart your mgd severs).

    I know this is dirty. but this is a work around

    Joe

    "Lara Man" wrote:

    >Thanks, Aravind.
    >
    >I do not want to enable independence mode due to security reasons.Please
    >check
    >http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/12567
    >
    >Any other way?
    >
    >"Aravind Krishnasamy" wrote:
    >>Weblogic has an option to enable MSI(Managed server independence). By
    >>enabling this feature on your managed server b & c, admin server will
    >>push
    >>config.xml, fileRelam.properties, SerializedSystemIni.dat etc., to all
    >>the
    >>managed server. Make sure you enable this functionality on only instance
    >>per
    >>sun server.
    >>
    >>When the admin server goes it should not affect the fuctionality of

    >running
    >>MS, since as described before all the information are cached. You cannot
    >>modify any configuration at this point of time. Due to MSI enabled you
    >>should be able to restart the managed server.
    >>
    >>Aravind
    >>
    >>> 2) We explode it to get access to the .jar files inside.
    >>>
    >>> Sam

    >>are
    >>managed servers.The

    >>file