How to use Weblogic scheduler in Clustering Environment - Weblogic

This is a discussion on How to use Weblogic scheduler in Clustering Environment - Weblogic ; HI I am aware that Time service objects are not a clusterable object.And i also understand that weblogic schedular is deprecated. But due to certain reasons, we have to adhere to schedular and we want to use it in a ...

  1. How to use Weblogic scheduler in Clustering Environment

    HI
    I am aware that Time service objects are not a clusterable object.And i also understand
    that weblogic schedular is deprecated.

    But due to certain reasons, we have to adhere to schedular and we want to use
    it in a cluster environment.Do BEA have any workaround for that?

    It's an urgent requirement for our project and any lead will be very very helpful.

    Regs
    Sudeep

  2. Re: How to use Weblogic scheduler in Clustering Environment

    Clusterable timer services are coming in EJB 2.1 in the form of the EJB Timer
    service. This doesn't sound like the solution for you in the near term though.
    Can you list more requirements? Do you want the service to be executed at a
    certain time on one member of the cluster or all members?

    There may be some simple things you can do using JMS queues and/or topics
    depending on what you are looking for.

    Sam

    Sudeep Kumar wrote:

    > HI
    > I am aware that Time service objects are not a clusterable object.And i also understand
    > that weblogic schedular is deprecated.
    >
    > But due to certain reasons, we have to adhere to schedular and we want to use
    > it in a cluster environment.Do BEA have any workaround for that?
    >
    > It's an urgent requirement for our project and any lead will be very very helpful.
    >
    > Regs
    > Sudeep

  3. Re: How to use Weblogic scheduler in Clustering Environment

    Sam, Thanx for the reply.

    We have a process which needs to publish the messages (after getting the data
    from the DataStore) to the local queue after every specified interval of time.Now
    the scheduler is in charge for that job.

    And at the same time , we have to deploy the application in the cluster environment
    but we want one schedular ( running one one of the member cluster ) to do the
    job .

    I appreciate if u provide some inputs.

    Regs
    Sudeep

    Sam Pullara wrote:
    >Clusterable timer services are coming in EJB 2.1 in the form of the EJB
    >Timer
    >service. This doesn't sound like the solution for you in the near term
    >though.
    > Can you list more requirements? Do you want the service to be executed
    >at a
    >certain time on one member of the cluster or all members?
    >
    >There may be some simple things you can do using JMS queues and/or topics
    >
    >depending on what you are looking for.
    >
    >Sam
    >
    >Sudeep Kumar wrote:
    >
    >> HI
    >> I am aware that Time service objects are not a clusterable object.And

    >i also understand
    >> that weblogic schedular is deprecated.
    >>
    >> But due to certain reasons, we have to adhere to schedular and we want

    >to use
    >> it in a cluster environment.Do BEA have any workaround for that?
    >>
    >> It's an urgent requirement for our project and any lead will be very

    >very helpful.
    >>
    >> Regs
    >> Sudeep

  4. Re: How to use Weblogic scheduler in Clustering Environment

    What I typically do for timing something on a single server is to make a
    destination and an MDB. Everytime the MDB executes it sets up the next time
    using this:

    http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs70/jms...t.html#1235262

    You start the whole thing with a webapp ServletContextListener in the
    contextInitialized method when your webapp comes up.

    Sam

    Sudeep Kumar wrote:

    > Sam, Thanx for the reply.
    >
    > We have a process which needs to publish the messages (after getting the data
    > from the DataStore) to the local queue after every specified interval of time.Now
    > the scheduler is in charge for that job.
    >
    > And at the same time , we have to deploy the application in the cluster environment
    > but we want one schedular ( running one one of the member cluster ) to do the
    > job .
    >
    > I appreciate if u provide some inputs.
    >
    > Regs
    > Sudeep
    >

    > Sam Pullara wrote:
    >
    >>Clusterable timer services are coming in EJB 2.1 in the form of the EJB
    >>Timer
    >>service. This doesn't sound like the solution for you in the near term
    >>though.
    >> Can you list more requirements? Do you want the service to be executed
    >>at a
    >>certain time on one member of the cluster or all members?
    >>
    >>There may be some simple things you can do using JMS queues and/or topics
    >>
    >>depending on what you are looking for.
    >>
    >>Sam
    >>
    >>Sudeep Kumar wrote:
    >>

    >>>HI
    >>>I am aware that Time service objects are not a clusterable object.And

    >>i also understand
    >>
    >>>that weblogic schedular is deprecated.
    >>>
    >>>But due to certain reasons, we have to adhere to schedular and we want

    >>to use
    >>
    >>>it in a cluster environment.Do BEA have any workaround for that?
    >>>
    >>>It's an urgent requirement for our project and any lead will be very

    >>very helpful.
    >>
    >>>Regs
    >>>Sudeep

+ Reply to Thread