serializable to enable HTTP session fail over - Weblogic

This is a discussion on serializable to enable HTTP session fail over - Weblogic ; HI I am trying to make the Servlet/JSP failover working in a Weblogic cluster environment. In my web app, I store a java class object into the HTTPSession object. The java class implements java.io.Serializable and it contains data members of ...

  1. serializable to enable HTTP session fail over

    HI

    I am trying to make the Servlet/JSP failover working in a Weblogic cluster environment.
    In my web app, I store a java class object into the HTTPSession object.
    The java class implements java.io.Serializable and it contains data members of
    primitive types
    such int, boolean.

    My question is :
    Do I have to change the primitive types to the corresponding java objects
    such as Integer and Boolean in order to get the HTTP session failover to work
    in
    a Weblogic cluster configuration.

    Your attention is highly appreciated.

    Kejuan

  2. Re: serializable to enable HTTP session fail over

    Any object that is serializable will work. Primitive types are all serializable.

    Sam

    Kejuan Peng wrote:
    > HI
    >
    > I am trying to make the Servlet/JSP failover working in a Weblogic cluster environment.
    > In my web app, I store a java class object into the HTTPSession object.
    > The java class implements java.io.Serializable and it contains data members of
    > primitive types
    > such int, boolean.
    >
    > My question is :
    > Do I have to change the primitive types to the corresponding java objects
    > such as Integer and Boolean in order to get the HTTP session failover to work
    > in
    > a Weblogic cluster configuration.
    >

    > Your attention is highly appreciated.
    >
    > Kejuan