Clustering Set up question ??? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Clustering Set up question ??? - Weblogic ; Hi guys, There is something I don't understand in the configuration of a cluster Let's say I have a cluster involving tree server, the admin one and two managed server on two different hosts :7011, ::7012" MulticastAddress="237.0.0.1" MulticastPort="7777" Name="MSL"/> What ...

  1. Clustering Set up question ???

    Hi guys,

    There is something I don't understand in the configuration of a cluster

    Let's say I have a cluster involving tree server, the admin one and two managed
    server
    on two different hosts

    MulticastPort="7777" Name="MSL"/>

    What I don't understand is where should I configure my cluster in the config.xml
    file, in the way that my clients only need to use a unique and single URL to connect
    to the WLS CLUSTER, let's say for example something like that
    t3://:
    that make the cluster access totalty transparent regards to its internal configuration

    Actually I succeeded to set up a cluster that matches the description above (1
    admin, 2 managed on two hosts), but unfornutately when it comes to set up the
    URL to connect to the CLUSTER, I need to use either the url t3://:7011
    or the URL t3://::7012
    But if one of the host (ie host1,host2) is unreachable, I cannot access to the
    Cluster.

    Any Idea ????

    regards

  2. Re: Clustering Set up question ???

    Are you using any external load balancer? If you use weblogic cluster servlet you
    can configure it for 1 URL instead of 2 as you have mentioned.

    Thanks

    "David Vo" wrote:

    >Hi guys,
    >
    >There is something I don't understand in the configuration of a cluster
    >
    >Let's say I have a cluster involving tree server, the admin one and two
    >managed
    >server
    >on two different hosts
    >
    > >MulticastPort="7777" Name="MSL"/>
    >
    >What I don't understand is where should I configure my cluster in the
    >config.xml
    >file, in the way that my clients only need to use a unique and single
    >URL to connect
    >to the WLS CLUSTER, let's say for example something like that
    > t3://:
    >that make the cluster access totalty transparent regards to its internal
    >configuration
    >
    >Actually I succeeded to set up a cluster that matches the description
    >above (1
    >admin, 2 managed on two hosts), but unfornutately when it comes to set
    >up the
    >URL to connect to the CLUSTER, I need to use either the url t3://:7011
    >or the URL t3://::7012
    >But if one of the host (ie host1,host2) is unreachable, I cannot access
    >to the
    >Cluster.
    >
    >Any Idea ????
    >
    >regards

  3. Re: Clustering Set up question ???

    Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2003 18:01:44 +0200
    From: Luc Dewavrin
    Newsgroups: weblogic.developer.interest.clustering
    Subject: Re: Clustering Set up question ???

    David Vo wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > There is something I don't understand in the configuration of a cluster
    >
    > Let's say I have a cluster involving tree server, the admin one and two managed
    > server
    > on two different hosts
    >
    > > MulticastPort="7777" Name="MSL"/>
    >
    > What I don't understand is where should I configure my cluster in the config.xml
    > file, in the way that my clients only need to use a unique and single URL to connect
    > to the WLS CLUSTER, let's say for example something like that
    > t3://:
    > that make the cluster access totalty transparent regards to its internal configuration

    Add in your DNS a hostname that maps the IP addresses of all your
    cluster's instances. It will be the hostname you 'll use to join the
    cluster. Example for Bind 9 DNS server with 2 hosts ( host1:
    172.30.8.112 and host2: 172.30.8.114):
    cluster IN A 172.30.8.112
    IN A 172.30.8.114
    The instances of your Weblogic cluster must listen on different IPs but
    on the same port. Configure your cluster like this in your config.xml file:
    Name="cluster"/>

    Then for example to get an intial context from an instance of the
    cluster do like this:

    Hashtable ht = new Hashtable();
    ht.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory");
    ht.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL,"t3://cluster:7001");
    Context ctx= new InitialContext(ht);

    Where port 7001 is the port number that use all the instances of the
    cluster. The Weblogic initial context factory will be "aware" of the
    members of the cluster by doing a DNS lookup. If a host is down, the
    others will be tested.

    Luc

+ Reply to Thread