Re: Hardware load balancing with session stickiness - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: Hardware load balancing with session stickiness - Weblogic ; Has anyone got this type of scenario working where you load balance sticky sessions from a Cisco load balancer between non-clustered weblogic servers? Thanks, Shawn "Aravind Krishnasamy" wrote: >F5 or BigIp provides hardware level load balancing and it injects date ...

  1. Re: Hardware load balancing with session stickiness

    "Aravind Krishnasamy" wrote:
    >F5 or BigIp provides hardware level load balancing and it injects date
    >inside weblogic cookie and maintains server affinity.
    >Thanks
    >Aravind
    >"ageorge" wrote in message
    >news:a67541a0.0303280921.7a32c07e@posting.google.c om...
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> We are looking for a hardware based solution to load balance 4
    >> unclustered weblogic servers. These servers are software replicas

    >of
    >> each other and share a common database. We need a solution that
    >> provides session level server stickiness based on jsessionid as both

    >> cookie and url rewrite. Currently we have Cisco load balancers which
    >> do not handle the url rewrite due to the fact the the load balancer
    >> only "sees" what is after the question mark in the url and the
    >> jsessionid is before the question mark. Example:
    >>

    >http://somehost.com/some/url.jsp;jse...E17AD255974323
    >?parm=value
    >>
    >> I'm sure we are not the only ones trying to do this. Any suggestions
    >> would be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Alan George

  2. Re: Hardware load balancing with session stickiness

    Having worked on Cisco load balancer and WLS clustered, you would loose sessions
    when the requests are failed over.

    "Shawn Kircher" wrote:

    >Has anyone got this type of scenario working where you load balance sticky
    >sessions
    >from a Cisco load balancer between non-clustered weblogic servers?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Shawn
    >
    >"Aravind Krishnasamy" wrote:
    >>F5 or BigIp provides hardware level load balancing and it injects date
    >>inside weblogic cookie and maintains server affinity.
    >>Thanks
    >>Aravind
    >>"ageorge" wrote in message
    >>news:a67541a0.0303280921.7a32c07e@posting.google.c om...
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> We are looking for a hardware based solution to load balance 4
    >>> unclustered weblogic servers. These servers are software replicas

    >>of
    >>> each other and share a common database. We need a solution that
    >>> provides session level server stickiness based on jsessionid as both

    >>> cookie and url rewrite. Currently we have Cisco load balancers which
    >>> do not handle the url rewrite due to the fact the the load balancer
    >>> only "sees" what is after the question mark in the url and the
    >>> jsessionid is before the question mark. Example:
    >>>

    >>http://somehost.com/some/url.jsp;jse...E17AD255974323
    >>?parm=value
    >>>
    >>> I'm sure we are not the only ones trying to do this. Any suggestions
    >>> would be greatly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Alan George

+ Reply to Thread