Clustering newbie questions - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Clustering newbie questions - Weblogic ; Pls forgive some naivete as am new to clusters ... we have WLS 6.0 running an app clustered on 3 servers and we have problems crashing every other day and slow performance all the time. Platform is Win NT 4.0 ...

  1. Clustering newbie questions

    Pls forgive some naivete as am new to clusters ... we have WLS 6.0 running an app
    clustered on 3 servers and we have problems crashing every other day and slow
    performance all the time. Platform is Win NT 4.0 SP4 with 640 MB RAM, using IIS
    as HTTP server, with BigIP F5 load balancer in front. This is a strange configuration
    to me and WLS 6.0/NT is pretty old I think ... but it's hard to know where to
    start looking for source of problems !!

    Can anybody pls help with general thoughts ? appreciate it ...

    thans in advance ...

  2. Re: Clustering newbie questions

    Do you get any stack trace at the time of crash?

    For performance related issues - you will have to profile the application
    and understand where the most time is being spent. If its too slow , then
    may be even threaddumps can help identify what is happening. Generally you
    should have a test setup and some way of simulating the normal load on the
    application and thats where you should profile the application with some
    profiling tools.

    Yes, WLS6.0 is now retired.

    /
    sree

    "Ethan Allen" wrote in message

    > Pls forgive some naivete as am new to clusters ... we have WLS 6.0 running

    an app
    > clustered on 3 servers and we have problems crashing every other day and

    slow
    > performance all the time. Platform is Win NT 4.0 SP4 with 640 MB RAM,

    using IIS
    > as HTTP server, with BigIP F5 load balancer in front. This is a strange

    configuration
    > to me and WLS 6.0/NT is pretty old I think ... but it's hard to know where

    > start looking for source of problems !!
    >
    > Can anybody pls help with general thoughts ? appreciate it ...
    >
    > thans in advance ...

+ Reply to Thread