Remote Start classpath - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Remote Start classpath - Weblogic ; Hi, I have installed an admin server, a managed server and a node manager on a single machine. (btw, I'm using WLS7 sp2) With the default config, the managed server starts and stops successfully from the console. However, I need ...

  1. Remote Start classpath

    Hi,

    I have installed an admin server, a managed server and a node manager on a single
    machine. (btw, I'm using WLS7 sp2)

    With the default config, the managed server starts and stops successfully from
    the console. However, I need to specify a classpath for this server to locate
    my log4j configuration file. I've used the "Class Path" field of the "Remote Start"
    tab of my managed server. As soon as a classpath is specified, the managed server
    doesn't start anymore, and I get the following log :

    29 juil. 03 12:22:01 CEST> mydomain::managedserver ...>
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: weblogic/Server
    Exception in thread "main"
    <29 juil. 03 12:22:02 CEST> started, process id = 72 040>

    I've tried different formats for my classpath (c:\mydir, c:/mydir ...), but I
    always get the same error.

    Any clue?

  2. SOLVED: Remote Start classpath

    The classpath from the console actually overrides the default classpath (I thought
    it was just appended).

    Adding weblogic.jar solved the problem.

+ Reply to Thread