Singleton Class in a Cluster - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Singleton Class in a Cluster - Weblogic ; I have a singleton class which maintains a counter. Counter gets incremented on a certain criteria and then gets reset to 0 when it reaches a predefined threshold. Since the class can have only 1 instance being a singleton class, ...

  1. Singleton Class in a Cluster

    I have a singleton class which maintains a counter. Counter gets incremented on
    a certain criteria and then gets reset to 0 when it reaches a predefined threshold.

    Since the class can have only 1 instance being a singleton class, I am not clear
    how will counter behave in a cluster.
    Say for example I have 2 managed servers, will there be seperate counters maintained
    on each managed server or one common counter for both of them.

    I will appreciate if somebody could clear my doubt.

    Thanks,
    Nidhi

  2. Re: Singleton Class in a Cluster

    > I have a singleton class which maintains a counter. Counter gets
    incremented on
    > a certain criteria and then gets reset to 0 when it reaches a predefined

    threshold.
    > Since the class can have only 1 instance being a singleton class, I am not

    clear
    > how will counter behave in a cluster.

    Clustered Singleton example:
    http://www.tangosol.net/forums/threa...=6&threadID=82

    Peace,

    Cameron Purdy
    Tangosol, Inc.
    http://www.tangosol.com/coherence.jsp
    Tangosol Coherence: Clustered Replicated Cache for Weblogic

    "Nidhi Juneja" wrote in message

+ Reply to Thread