EJB clustering using CallRouter not working - Weblogic

This is a discussion on EJB clustering using CallRouter not working - Weblogic ; Hi, I'm working with weblogic 7 sp2, in cluster, using round-robin as default, EJB 2.0 spec. and Iplanet as web server. We have defined a class implementing CallRouter interface, and we have included in weblogic-ejb-jar.xml: RoundRobin package.ClsClusterRouter True That class ...

  1. EJB clustering using CallRouter not working

    Hi,

    I'm working with weblogic 7 sp2, in cluster, using round-robin as default,
    EJB 2.0 spec. and Iplanet as web server.

    We have defined a class implementing CallRouter interface, and we have included
    in weblogic-ejb-jar.xml:

    RoundRobin
    package.ClsClusterRouter
    True

    That class is in the classpath, and the EJB is deployed ok. The class contains
    a constructor, which is launched where
    the EJB is deployed. But every call to EJB methods never fire the getServerList
    in the class.

    WHY??????? Is it a problem solved in sp3? We have tested everything and nothing
    worked!!!!!!!
    No exception is thrown, either.

    Please help
    BYe

  2. Re: EJB clustering using CallRouter not working

    There is Collocation Optimization

    http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs70/clu...pi.html#391403

    Server will always gives first preference to collocated objects than using
    CallRouter. It finds the object locally if there is any
    and execute it there itself rather than sending it to another server.

    hth
    /
    sree

    "Perico Delgado" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm working with weblogic 7 sp2, in cluster, using round-robin as

    default,
    > EJB 2.0 spec. and Iplanet as web server.
    >
    > We have defined a class implementing CallRouter interface, and we have

    included
    > in weblogic-ejb-jar.xml:

    RoundRobin

    package.ClsClusterRouter ean-call-router-class-name>

    True potent>

    > That class is in the classpath, and the EJB is deployed ok. The class

    contains
    > a constructor, which is launched where
    > the EJB is deployed. But every call to EJB methods never fire the

    getServerList
    > in the class.
    >
    > WHY??????? Is it a problem solved in sp3? We have tested everything

    and nothing
    > worked!!!!!!!
    > No exception is thrown, either.
    >
    > Please help
    > BYe

  3. Re: EJB clustering using CallRouter not working

    So,

    If I must use Iplanet as web server, and I cannot use a Multi-Tier Architecture,
    as I call EJBs almost in most cases, CallRouter cannot be used. Great. Is there
    any additional way to launch a class/servlet/EJB in every cluster? I wanna use
    it to keep up-to-date every servletcontext object all around my clusters.

    How can I do it without using third-party tools?

    BYe

    "Sree Bodapati" wrote:
    >There is Collocation Optimization
    >
    >http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs70/clu...pi.html#391403
    >
    >Server will always gives first preference to collocated objects than
    >using
    >CallRouter. It finds the object locally if there is any
    >and execute it there itself rather than sending it to another server.
    >
    >hth
    >/
    >sree
    >

    >"Perico Delgado" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm working with weblogic 7 sp2, in cluster, using round-robin

    >as
    >default,
    >> EJB 2.0 spec. and Iplanet as web server.
    >>
    >> We have defined a class implementing CallRouter interface, and

    >we have
    >included
    >> in weblogic-ejb-jar.xml:
    >>

    >RoundRobin
    >>

    >package.ClsClusterRouter >ean-call-router-class-name>
    >>

    >True >potent>
    >>

    >> That class is in the classpath, and the EJB is deployed ok. The

    >class
    >contains
    >> a constructor, which is launched where
    >> the EJB is deployed. But every call to EJB methods never fire the

    >getServerList
    >> in the class.
    >>
    >> WHY??????? Is it a problem solved in sp3? We have tested everything

    >and nothing
    >> worked!!!!!!!
    >> No exception is thrown, either.
    >>
    >> Please help