Well the way we do it is we have a seperate device that reads the IP address
and MAC address and stores this information in a 20 minute cache (if the
user comes back this is refereshed). Now windows does not need to know
anything about this neither do sun or web logic servers. They handle only
the traffic that is sent to them by our device. The device handles 750,000
hits/sec and has proved to be very scable. Currently it is running with 19
servers with roundrobin with no code changes.

Jai
rjsNetworks.com

"Ted" wrote in message news:3eeddf6e$1@newsgroups.bea.com...
> From: "Ted"
> Sender: "Ted"
> Subject: Cluster - 15 servers in cluster
> Newsgroups: weblogic.developer.interest.clustering
> Date: 16 Jun 2003 08:17:02 -0800

08:17:02 -0800)

> Hi,
>
> If i have 15 servers in a cluster, i understand IP Sockets is used for

peer to
> peer communction i.e betweek primary secondary to maintain session

replication.
> so does it mean..even if i have 15 instances in a server, session is

maintained
> only in primary/secondary server.... when primary server goes down ,

sesion replicated