Clustered Singleton Service in WLS? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Clustered Singleton Service in WLS? - Weblogic ; Hello, I'm working on a clustered system that needs a distributed singleton. Specifically I need a timer/listener pair that will do work in the system, but I it would be bad to have more than one listener fired off within ...

  1. Clustered Singleton Service in WLS?

    Hello,

    I'm working on a clustered system that needs a distributed
    singleton. Specifically I need a timer/listener pair that
    will do work in the system, but I it would be bad to have
    more than one listener fired off within the cluster.

    How can I design this feature such that:

    1) There is only one active timer/listener in the clustered
    app active at any one time

    2) If this active instance dies, another somewhere in the
    cluster will be spooled up to take its place?

    I'm considering some kind of JXTA-based solution but before
    I invest a lot of energy in that direction I want to be
    sure I'm not trying to kill a fly with a bazooka.

    Thanks
    Greg

  2. Re: Clustered Singleton Service in WLS?

    > I'm working on a clustered system that needs a distributed
    > singleton. Specifically I need a timer/listener pair that
    > will do work in the system, but I it would be bad to have
    > more than one listener fired off within the cluster.
    > 1) There is only one active timer/listener in the clustered
    > app active at any one time
    > 2) If this active instance dies, another somewhere in the
    > cluster will be spooled up to take its place?

    See the clustered singleton example using Coherence:
    http://www.tangosol.net/forums/threa...ID=82&tstart=0

    Peace,

    Cameron Purdy
    Tangosol, Inc.
    http://www.tangosol.com/coherence.jsp
    Tangosol Coherence: Clustered Replicated Cache for Weblogic

    "Greg" wrote in message
    news:784afb5d.0307050936.3415f78@posting.google.co m...

+ Reply to Thread