File resources in clustered environment - Weblogic

This is a discussion on File resources in clustered environment - Weblogic ; I understand that resource on file system cannot be clustered. We have an application packaged as an ear file but unfortunately we get the properties files from the file system. We usually copy these resources while installing our application. Now ...

  1. File resources in clustered environment

    I understand that resource on file system cannot be clustered.
    We have an application packaged as an ear file but unfortunately we get the properties
    files from the file system. We usually copy these resources while installing our
    application.

    Now we are trying to deploy our application in a clustered environment and when
    all my servers in the clcuster r on the same machine everything worked fine. Now
    I created another server on a different machine.
    The ear file file got transfered fine but the application is not able to find
    the properties since the resource file are not copied over to that machine. I
    know this is an expected behaviour but my question is: Is there anyway workaround
    to avoid thsi problem. For example, can we tell weblogic to take care of copying
    these resources along with the whole application
    (ear file).

    Praveen

  2. Re: File resources in clustered environment

    I don't think that there is any standard way of doing this.
    Even if you do convince WebLogic to do so, it will be a
    WebLogic-specific hack...

    Don't suppose you can use a shared directory?

    Or perhaps you can just use external-staging, and copy the EAR +
    resources yourself.

    Regards,
    Jon

    Praveen Peddi wrote:

    > I understand that resource on file system cannot be clustered.
    > We have an application packaged as an ear file but unfortunately we get the properties
    > files from the file system. We usually copy these resources while installing our
    > application.
    >
    > Now we are trying to deploy our application in a clustered environment and when
    > all my servers in the clcuster r on the same machine everything worked fine. Now
    > I created another server on a different machine.
    > The ear file file got transfered fine but the application is not able to find
    > the properties since the resource file are not copied over to that machine. I
    > know this is an expected behaviour but my question is: Is there anyway workaround
    > to avoid thsi problem. For example, can we tell weblogic to take care of copying
    > these resources along with the whole application
    > (ear file).
    >
    > Praveen

+ Reply to Thread