hi,

We are using Philips ISP1561 USB Host Controller in our SBC. When we
include INCLUDE_USB component, usbTool is unable to detect the any of the
devices(like Keyboard & Mouse) connected to the host controller. This
exercise was carried out with WindRiver VxWorks 6.6 kernel. But Same ISP
1561 device is working fine with the vxWorks 6.3 Kernel.

usbPciStub.c file added in the BSP to support ISP1561 Host Controller and
following components are declared in the config.h to enable the USB
Interface.

#define INCLUDE_USB
#define INCLUDE_USBTOOL

#define INCLUDE_EHCI
#define INCLUDE_UHCI
#define INCLUDE_OHCI
#define INCLUDE_USB_INIT
#undef INCLUDE_EHCI_INIT
#undef INCLUDE_UHCI_INIT
#undef INCLUDE_OHCI_INIT
#define INCLUDE_USB_MOUSE /*Include the USB mosue support*/
#undef INCLUDE_USB_MOUSE_INIT
#define USB_MSE_NAME "/usbMo/"
#define INCLUDE_USB_KEYBOARD /*Include USB Keyboard support*/
#undef INCLUDE_USB_KEYBOARD_INIT
#define INCLUDE_USB_MS_BULKONLY
#undef INCLUDE_USB_MS_BULKONLY_INIT

After builidng the image and we attempted to test the usb using usbTool
and
found the following result

-> usbTool
usbTool: USB exerciser, version 02A
Copyright (c) 2007, Wind River Systems, Inc.

usb>usbi
USB2 Host Stack Already Initialized
usbdInit() returned OK
usbdInitialize() returned 0
usbdClientRegister() returned 0
usbdClientHandle = 0x800840
USBD version = 0x0240
USBD mfg = 'Wind River Systems, Inc.'
usb>attach ohci
attaching OHCI host controller SUCCESSFUL.
usb>usbEnum
bus count = 0
usb>mouseTest
Press [enter] to terminate polling.

mouseUnreg
usbMouseDevShutdown
usb>

Since above usbEnum count is returning 0. It is enable to enumerate the
nodes properly in the through host controller. While using usbTool it was
noticed that usbPciStub.c function were not invoked the USB stack driver.

Since the ISP 1561 device is working with the vxWorks 6.3, I am suspecting
something wrong with the vxWorks 6.6 implementation or configuration. I
have also noticed that in WindRiver site a lot of bug fixes are released for
USB devices after the vxWorks 6.6 release.

Thanx in Advance....