Network interfaces on x86 target with vxworks 6.7 - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Network interfaces on x86 target with vxworks 6.7 - VxWorks ; Hi, I am trying to bring up a PC (intel pentium processor) with vxworks 6.7. However the boot up looks quite successful, I am not able to see 'all' the network interfaces in ifconfig. When I give '?' command on ...

  1. Network interfaces on x86 target with vxworks 6.7

    Hi,

    I am trying to bring up a PC (intel pentium processor) with vxworks 6.7. However the boot up looks quite successful, I am not able to see 'all' the network interfaces in ifconfig.

    When I give '?' command on [VxWorks Boot] prompt, all four interfaces that I have on my PC are listed: gei0, gei1, fei0 and fei1 - this should mean that the interfaces are detected at the bootrom level. Now, I get the vxWorks image over interface gei0 (using FTP). After the vxWorks image gets loaded, I see only two interfaces (lo0 and gei0) listed in the output of ifconfig and ifconfig "-a" command (execued over the shell '->' prompt).

    Interface gei0 appears to work fine because I am ping other hosts on the same network, via gei0.

    If I try to download the vxWorks image over gei1 interface, it is successful, but ifconfig still shows only lo0 and gei0.

    I have two Intel Pro 1000 dual NICs attached to my PC, for which I have the below drivers included in my BSP (config.h file) and vxworks project file (.wpj file):

    INCLUDE_GEI825XX_VXB_END
    INCLUDE_FEI8255X_VXB_END

    Could anyone suggest what I am missing, and because of which my vxWorks image is not able to detect interfaces gei1, fei0 and fei1?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    -Puneet

  2. Re: Network interfaces on x86 target with vxworks 6.7

    OK, if it helps somebody out there, I have got the issue resolved by manually attaching my physical interfaces to the stack:

    ipAttach (1, "gei")

+ Reply to Thread