Serial Port Problem - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Serial Port Problem - VxWorks ; Hi I am using Vxworks 6.6 (P4 BSP) on Core 2 Duo board. I have compiled my bootrom image and I am able to boOt my kernel image from network thru FTP. Everything works fine on VGA console but when ...

  1. Smile Serial Port Problem

    Hi
    I am using Vxworks 6.6 (P4 BSP) on Core 2 Duo board.
    I have compiled my bootrom image and I am able to boOt my kernel image from network thru FTP.
    Everything works fine on VGA console but when I use hyperterminal the bootrom prompt comes but when I try to load vxWorks image from the network
    I get this message
    Starting at xxx + xxx
    And nothing is displayed on the hyperterminal.

    I have the tried different things for vxWorks image, in the vxWorks document it says that If u are using WDB then u can use Serial port only in SIO poll mode.
    I have tried this combination ie by including the component for SIO_POLL and WDB SERIAL Connection but nothing came up.
    I have also tried using SIO_POLL with WDB SERIAL tyco but this also did not worked.
    Need ur suggestions regarding this.
    Thanks in Advance

    Hi
    Problem got solved by adjusting one jumper initially and then changing the port settings in kernel configuration.
    Regards
    Last edited by tattusingh; 11-13-2008 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Problem solved

+ Reply to Thread