wdb system-debugging mode problem - VxWorks

This is a discussion on wdb system-debugging mode problem - VxWorks ; Did anyone else use wdb system-debugging mode (not task mode), I choose END network driver for debugging. All configurations and initializations seem very well. When I start CrossWind debugger in Tornado, I type the command " attach system" in GDB ...

  1. wdb system-debugging mode problem

    Did anyone else use wdb system-debugging mode (not task mode), I
    choose END network
    driver for debugging. All configurations and initializations seem
    very well. When I start CrossWind debugger in Tornado, I type the
    command " attach system" in GDB cmd line. then, my target board will
    reboot without any prompt message. The target agent cause reboot()???
    what happened ?? I'm really confused. Please help me. Thank you.

    BTW, the cpu on the target board is PowPC 8245. Tornado 's version is
    V2.0.

  2. Re: wdb system-debugging mode problem

    Hi,
    in system-debugging mode, interruptions are disabled and the END
    network driver is used in polling mode.
    So maybe, your END network driver does not support properly polling
    mode ?
    Did you try to debug with a serial driver ?

    Regards,
    Sebastien.

+ Reply to Thread