How to use serial ports in VxSim-Lite? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to use serial ports in VxSim-Lite? - VxWorks ; Hello I've spent almost 4 days trying to understand this. I'm really hopeless. It's my first encounter with VxWorks and I really need this. My module in VxWorks has to communicate through serial RS-232 line with another application. In order ...

  1. How to use serial ports in VxSim-Lite?

    Hello
    I've spent almost 4 days trying to understand this. I'm really
    hopeless. It's my first encounter with VxWorks and I really need this.
    My module in VxWorks has to communicate through serial RS-232 line
    with another application. In order to do the tests, I need to debug
    and use VxSim. The only pseudo-serial I can see when I type "devs" in
    shell (after I start VxSim and target server on local host) is /ttyCo/
    0, which is the VxWorks Simulator window. I can connect to it using
    "open" and read and write using the appropriate functions. But I want
    to use a host device serial port COM1. I read a lot and understood
    that I have to recompile the kernel for vxsim. I tried this (a new
    project in Tornado, and use VxWorks Image as project option) and I saw
    that there is a serial component included, but i think is for that
    VxSimulator window console.
    Can anyone please tell me how to achieve this? To insert a real host
    serial port device into VxSimulator?
    Thank you a lot for your time reading this
    Alex

  2. Re: How to use serial ports in VxSim-Lite?

    I forgot to mention that I'm using Tornado 2.0.2 and VxWorks: 5.4.2

+ Reply to Thread