How to link the file in target using API in VxWorks5.4 - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to link the file in target using API in VxWorks5.4 - VxWorks ; I use VxWorks5.4 and tornado2.0 I want to link some "xxx.o" files(files already exist in the target system) to VxWorks(already running) using some kernel API in the VxWorks. There's some method using host Shell("ld debugger. But I want to do ...

  1. How to link the file in target using API in VxWorks5.4

    I use VxWorks5.4 and tornado2.0
    I want to link some "xxx.o" files(files already exist in the target
    system) to VxWorks(already running) using some kernel API in the
    VxWorks.
    There's some method using host Shell("ld debugger.

    But I want to do such a thing during some thread operation using some
    kenel function like "taskSpawn()".

    Thanks for concern...

  2. Re: How to link the file in target using API in VxWorks5.4

    ssibseya wrote:

    >I use VxWorks5.4 and tornado2.0
    >I want to link some "xxx.o" files(files already exist in the target
    >system) to VxWorks(already running) using some kernel API in the
    >VxWorks.
    >There's some method using host Shell("ld >debugger.
    >
    >But I want to do such a thing during some thread operation using some
    >kenel function like "taskSpawn()".
    >
    >Thanks for concern...

    I believe that you seek the functionality provided by the module library,
    moduleLib, specifically the loadModuleAt() function.