throughput capability between vxWorks5.5 and vxWorks6.5 - VxWorks

This is a discussion on throughput capability between vxWorks5.5 and vxWorks6.5 - VxWorks ; Dear All, Does anyone try do compare the throughtput of vxWorks5.5 and vxWorks6.5 in IP stack? I have loaded two image to my hardware (the same hardware). And I used the utility, hrping ( http://www.cfos.de/ping/ping.htm ), to test ethernet throughput. ...

  1. throughput capability between vxWorks5.5 and vxWorks6.5

    Dear All,
    Does anyone try do compare the throughtput of vxWorks5.5 and
    vxWorks6.5 in IP stack?

    I have loaded two image to my hardware (the same hardware).

    And I used the utility, hrping (http://www.cfos.de/ping/ping.htm), to
    test ethernet throughput. I got the result of:
    1. ICMP response is 34Mbps in vxWorks5.5
    2. ICMP response is 16Mbps in vxWorks6.5

    It seems vxWorks5.5 better than vxWorks6.5 but not reasonable. Is
    anyway to improve the capability of vxWorks 6.5?

    Thank you,

    Best Regards,

    Raymond

  2. Re: throughput capability between vxWorks5.5 and vxWorks6.5

    hi,
    U should make sure that both configurations of VxWorks be the same.

    For example #undef INCLUDE_WDB
    and the configurations of net stack parameters.

    On Oct 23, 3:32 pm, "Raymond.Lin" wrote:
    > Dear All,
    > Does anyone try do compare the throughtput of vxWorks5.5 and
    > vxWorks6.5 in IP stack?

+ Reply to Thread