I have an x86-based embedded board with a CompactFlash card slot. I
am running VxWorks 5.5 on the board. The board runs a variant of
PhoenixBIOS. I typically have no problems booting from flash cards.
However, I have one card that I can't boot from. It shows up in the
BIOS Main menu. The BIOS correctly identifies its disk properties,
including its size. However, the card doesn't show up in the list of
boot devices in the BIOS Boot menu. The BIOS is unable to boot the
card. Any idea what's wrong with my card? Is it damaged? How can I
verify if it is damaged or not? I can can read/write files to the
card with no problem on my laptop. Thanks in advance.