De : yongk...@mail.com (Leo Huang)
Date : 19 Oct 2001 12:59:30 -0700
Local : Ven 19 oct 2001 21:59
Objet : ATA support in vxWorks BSP development
Répondre à l'auteur | Transférer | Imprimer | Message individuel |
Afficher l'original | Signaler ce message | Rechercher les messages de
cet auteur
I try to add ATA support(normal hard disk, not PCMCIA) in my BSP under
vxWorks5.4 and Tornado2.0, my evaluation board is based on Mips
architecture.

Enabling the ATA component in Tornado GUI causes the system to freeze.
The freeze occurs after the boot code downloads the VxWorks image
file from the host and attempts to begin execution "starting at
xxxx...". Then no output on console. The ataTypes and ataResources
table has already been customized in sysLib.c.

I have three questions:
(1) When I take a look at src\drv\hdisk\ataDrv.c, a "ATA_DEBUG" macro
can enable ATA debugging, it mighr be helpful. But where can I turn
this debug switch on?

(2) If I make some modifications on src\drv\hdisk\ataDrv.c, how can I
recompile it and regenerate the library? or else Tornado will use old
object file and library to generate the vxWorks image.

(3) In the usrBoot() routine of usrConfig.c, printf() call doesn't
work! The root cause might be the preemption of vxWorks. how can I
enable printf() debugging? Why network driver can print message
"attaching network interface... done" in this phase?

Who has experience of ATA support under vxWorks environment, your kind
help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

James
Afficher le profil
Autres options 22 oct 2001, 06:28
Groupes de discussion : comp.os.vxworks
De : netp...@freechal.com (James)
Date : 21 Oct 2001 21:28:22 -0700
Local : Lun 22 oct 2001 06:28
Objet : Re: ATA support in vxWorks BSP development
Répondre à l'auteur | Transférer | Imprimer | Message individuel |
Afficher l'original | Signaler ce message | Rechercher les messages de
cet auteur
I've never handle ATA driver.
But I think your problem is not that of ATA driver.

The system freezing after "starting at xxxx...",
may be caused by MMU.
Because BSP doesn't not use the whole MMU capability,
you don't know MMU problem until VxWorks image is loaded.
You must specify the address space of ATA using
in sysPhysMemDesc[](in sysLib.c).
> (1) When I take a look at src\drv\hdisk\ataDrv.c, a "ATA_DEBUG" macro
> can enable ATA debugging, it mighr be helpful. But where can I turn
> this debug switch on?

You can add,
"#define ATA_DEBUG", in config.h or yourBSP.h, typically.
> (2) If I make some modifications on src\drv\hdisk\ataDrv.c, how can I
> recompile it and regenerate the library? or else Tornado will use old
> object file and library to generate the vxWorks image.

First you move modified ataDrv.c to your BSP directory.
And add the sentence,
MACH_EXTRA = ataDrv.o
ataDrv.o: ataDrv.c
$(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) -o ataDrv.o ataDrv.c
in Makefile.
> (3) In the usrBoot() routine of usrConfig.c, printf() call doesn't
> work! The root cause might be the preemption of vxWorks. how can I
> enable printf() debugging? Why network driver can print message
> "attaching network interface... done" in this phase?

Use '$ make vxWorks' command instead of Tornado Tool.
Tornado Tool doesn't reflect the modification of the common file
(not in specified BSP directory).