How to change vxworks console baud rate - VxWorks

This is a discussion on How to change vxworks console baud rate - VxWorks ; I am using vxworks 6.3 on a pentium3. The console baud rate is fixed at 9600 and I want to change it to a higher rate such as 115200. I know that the hardware supports this. I have tried to ...

  1. How to change vxworks console baud rate

    I am using vxworks 6.3 on a pentium3. The console baud rate is fixed
    at 9600 and I want to change it to a higher rate such as 115200. I
    know that the hardware supports this. I have tried to change this
    setting in the kernel configuration:

    hardware->peripherals->serial->SIO->CONSOLE_BAUD_RATE

    from 9600 to 115200 (or actually anything else but 9600) and it will
    not allow any change. Is there some other place to change it in the
    kernel configuration, or bootline options, or anywhere? If it is
    necessary to do this with ioctl() calls after the kernel boots, what
    is the device name that I would use?

    Phil

  2. Re: How to change vxworks console baud rate

    On 10월16일, 오전5시12분, Phil wrote:
    > I am using vxworks 6.3 on a pentium3. The console baud rate is fixed
    > at 9600 and I want to change it to a higher rate such as 115200. I
    > know that the hardware supports this. I have tried to change this
    > setting in the kernel configuration:
    >
    > hardware->peripherals->serial->SIO->CONSOLE_BAUD_RATE
    >
    > from 9600 to 115200 (or actually anything else but 9600) and it will
    > not allow any change. Is there some other place to change it in the
    > kernel configuration, or bootline options, or anywhere? If it is
    > necessary to do this with ioctl() calls after the kernel boots, what
    > is the device name that I would use?
    >
    > Phil

    It's working properly but it donesn't apply to bootrom.

    I'm using vxworks image's (vxworks 6.4 and vxworks5.5.1 ) console
    baudrate is 115200 bps always.

    Why don't you wait for vxworks booting to finish or change bootrom's
    console baudrate from 9600 to 115200 bps.

    If it's still not working, find "9600" in bsp directory by using
    editor and then change 9600 baud rate to 115200.

+ Reply to Thread