knowledge base for introductory code - VxWorks

This is a discussion on knowledge base for introductory code - VxWorks ; Hey all, Anybody have like a basic set of code that exposes some of the features of vxworks? Usually, when you buy a compiler it gives you some simple examples for the system you're working on, so I'm sure it's ...

  1. knowledge base for introductory code

    Hey all,

    Anybody have like a basic set of code that exposes some of the
    features of vxworks? Usually, when you buy a compiler it gives you
    some simple examples for the system you're working on, so I'm sure
    it's out there. I just don't have the IDE (tornado or workbench) so I
    don't have any code to learn from. Anybody know where I might find
    some?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: knowledge base for introductory code

    On Oct 7, 12:42*am, andersod2 wrote:
    > Hey all,
    >
    > Anybody have like a basic set of code that exposes some of the
    > features of vxworks? *Usually, when you buy a compiler it gives you
    > some simple examples for the system you're working on, so I'm sure
    > it's out there. *I just don't have the IDE (tornado or workbench) so I
    > don't have any code to learn from. *Anybody know where I might find
    > some?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Hi,
    I am not clear what you are looking for.However from what I
    understood,
    If you are looking for sample programs:
    Try this link:
    http://www.rt.db.erau.edu/oldrtlab/e...fContents.html
    How ever the examples are for vxworks 5.3 version.Current version is
    6.x.You have not said which version and cpu you are using.

    If you are looking for vxworks source code:
    This can be purchased from Windriver under an License for a fee.

    Without a IDE or required toolset,you wont be able to try out anything
    fruitful.

    Regards,
    s.subbarayan

  3. Re: knowledge base for introductory code

    thanks subbarayan!

    That's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Anything else you
    or anyone else has along those lines would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, is there typically any special code needed related to the board
    service package, i.e. any special setup like code or routines that
    need to be called to integrate the vxworks interface functions with
    their appropriate board-specific routines? Sorry, I have no idea what
    I'm talking about, just that there is a BSP involved often times.

    Also if anyone has any sample code that is architecture specific I
    would love that as well. It doesn't matter what arch, just that it is
    relatively common....a ppc would be great.

    thanks!

  4. Re: knowledge base for introductory code

    On Oct 8, 3:23*am, andersod2 wrote:
    > thanks subbarayan!
    >
    > That's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. *Anything else you
    > or anyone else has along those lines would be greatly appreciated.
    > Also, is there typically any special code needed related to the board
    > service package, i.e. any special setup like code or routines that
    > need to be called to integrate the vxworks interface functions with
    > their appropriate board-specific routines? *Sorry, I have no idea what
    > I'm talking about, just that there is a BSP involved often times.
    >
    > Also if anyone has any sample code that is architecture specific I
    > would love that as well. *It doesn't matter what arch, just that it is
    > relatively common....a ppc would be great.
    >
    > thanks!

    Hi,
    Usually when you purchase vxworks from windriver,you would get the BSP
    along with it for the boards you requested for.
    The interfaces of the BSP with the OS would have been handled by
    windriver by default unless you would like to change few of the BSP
    options provided.Usually you will find a configuration file called
    config.h specific to a CPU and a GUI based tool to choose options like
    features you would be interested in including in BSP.
    I believe no one would be able to share you these files as they are
    under license agreement and cant be shared atleast legally.
    P.S:I am talking here about only 5.x series.Others can comment on 6.x
    series.

    Regards,
    s.subbarayan

  5. Re: knowledge base for introductory code

    That makes sense subbarayan...thanks!

+ Reply to Thread