Could you know how to use workQReadIx and workQWriteIx in order tocheck work Queue - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Could you know how to use workQReadIx and workQWriteIx in order tocheck work Queue - VxWorks ; Hello, experts. When using network in tNetTask, I experience work queue panic. so I want to know work queue status. Through the group, I found some information to know work queue status. (workQReadlx, workQWritelx) However, I don't know how to ...

  1. Could you know how to use workQReadIx and workQWriteIx in order tocheck work Queue

    Hello, experts.

    When using network in tNetTask, I experience work queue panic.

    so I want to know work queue status.

    Through the group, I found some information to know work queue status.
    (workQReadlx, workQWritelx)

    However, I don't know how to use the workQReadlx and workQWritelx.

    Could you tell me how to use that variables?

    Which header files should be included to use the variables?

    P.S.
    I have use vxWorks 6.2.

  2. Re: Could you know how to use workQReadIx and workQWriteIx in orderto check work Queue

    On Sep 25, 5:39 am, munhoney wrote:

    > Hello, experts.
    >
    > When using network in tNetTask, I experience work queue panic.

    Translation: the device driver you're using for your network interface
    has a bug in it.

    > so I want to know work queue status.
    >
    > Through the group, I found some information to know work queue status.
    > (workQReadlx, workQWritelx)
    >
    > However, I don't know how to use the workQReadlx and workQWritelx.
    >
    > Could you tell me how to use that variables?
    >
    > Which header files should be included to use the variables?
    >
    > P.S.
    > I have use vxWorks 6.2.

    These are internal to the arch code and not exported: there isn't any
    header to include because you're not supposed to touch them. They may
    also not even be present if the code is built using the portable workQ
    library instead of the arch specific code.

    What you should be doing is debugging your network driver instead of
    trying to poke your fingers into the VxWorks kernel. (If it's a driver
    provided by Wind River and you can prove the problem is in fact due to
    buggy driver code, you should open a support request).

    Note that next time you should also mention what CPU/board/peripherals
    you're using, not just the VxWorks version. The architecture and
    devices you're using do make a difference.

    -Bill

+ Reply to Thread