"reloacation does not fit into 24 bits" error in DIAB compiler !! - VxWorks

This is a discussion on "reloacation does not fit into 24 bits" error in DIAB compiler !! - VxWorks ; Hi , I am facing error "relocation does not fit into 24 bits" error in DIAB compiler when I try to download my object file into target board. In GNU compilers, I know this problem will be solved by adding ...

  1. "reloacation does not fit into 24 bits" error in DIAB compiler !!

    Hi ,

    I am facing error "relocation does not fit into 24 bits" error in
    DIAB compiler when I try to download my object file into target board.

    In GNU compilers, I know this problem will be solved by adding "-
    mlongcall" option.

    But I am not sure what is the option for DIAB compilers.

    Can anybody help me regarding this?

    Regards
    Satish.

  2. Re: "reloacation does not fit into 24 bits" error in DIAB compiler !!

    Try -Xcode-absolute-far and may be also -Xdata-absolute-far

    Cheers,

    --
    PAD

  3. Re: "reloacation does not fit into 24 bits" error in DIAB compiler !!

    On Sep 26, 12:37*am, PAD wrote:
    > Try -Xcode-absolute-far and may be also -Xdata-absolute-far
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > --
    > * PAD

    Hi Pad,

    Thank you. Above two options solved my problem.

    Regards
    Satish.

+ Reply to Thread