how to use structure M_BLK_ID? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on how to use structure M_BLK_ID? - VxWorks ; I want to use muxSend() func. but there is a data structure M_BLK_ID need to be filled for example: to send a "hello", how can I fill the M_BLK_ID? I already defined: M_BLK_ID pSendBuf; but while I add pSendBuf->mBlkHdr.mData="hello"; there ...

  1. how to use structure M_BLK_ID?

    I want to use muxSend() func. but there is a data structure M_BLK_ID
    need to be filled
    for example: to send a "hello", how can I fill the M_BLK_ID?
    I already defined:
    M_BLK_ID pSendBuf;
    but while I add pSendBuf->mBlkHdr.mData="hello";
    there will be an error "data abort"
    (the END dirver already done)
    who knows how to solve this problem?

  2. Re: how to use structure M_BLK_ID?

    On Sep 19, 3:16*am, crescent wrote:
    > I want to use muxSend() func. but there is a data structure M_BLK_ID
    > need to be filled
    > for example: to send a "hello", how can I fill the M_BLK_ID?
    > I already defined:
    > M_BLK_ID pSendBuf;
    > but while I add pSendBuf->mBlkHdr.mData="hello";
    > there will be an error "data abort"
    > (the END dirver already done)
    > who knows how to solve this problem?

    Its much more complicated than that. Take a look at netBufLib and the
    definitions of M_BLK_ID and CL_BLK_ID. Essentially, you need to create
    an (or get an associated) cluster, and then create a CL_BLK and M_BLK
    from the CL_BLK to store the data.

    You might have better luck using RAW sockets, depending on what you're
    trying to do..

  3. Re: how to use structure M_BLK_ID?

    On 9月22日, 上午2时06分, Matt Havener wrote:
    > On Sep 19, 3:16 am, crescent wrote:
    >
    > > I want to use muxSend() func. but there is a data structure M_BLK_ID
    > > need to be filled
    > > for example: to send a "hello", how can I fill the M_BLK_ID?
    > > I already defined:
    > > M_BLK_ID pSendBuf;
    > > but while I add pSendBuf->mBlkHdr.mData="hello";
    > > there will be an error "data abort"
    > > (the END dirver already done)
    > > who knows how to solve this problem?

    > Its much more complicated than that. Take a look at netBufLib and the
    > definitions of M_BLK_ID and CL_BLK_ID. Essentially, you need to create
    > an (or get an associated) cluster, and then create a CL_BLK and M_BLK
    > from the CL_BLK to store the data.
    >
    > You might have better luck using RAW sockets, depending on what you're
    > trying to do..

    thanks, I think I made a misunderstanding about the structure M_BLK_ID
    I will read netBufLib again to make sure

    I don't know whether RAM socket can satisfy my request, for I want to
    send a packet through
    ethernet but it will not go through any protocol level

+ Reply to Thread