Error 0x380017 S_dosFsLib_INTERNAL_ERROR - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Error 0x380017 S_dosFsLib_INTERNAL_ERROR - VxWorks ; I'd experienced an IO error with the code 0x380017 returned from the OS. This is likely to have occurred during a disk write. When is this error generated? I googled for it but nothing meaningful turned up. Is there some ...

  1. Error 0x380017 S_dosFsLib_INTERNAL_ERROR

    I'd experienced an IO error with the code 0x380017 returned from the
    OS. This is likely to have occurred during a disk write. When is this
    error generated? I googled for it but nothing meaningful turned up.

    Is there some debug in the fioLib or ioLib that I can turn on so as to
    get more messages from the OS?

    Thanks,
    Devon.

    ===

    http://www.slac.stanford.edu/exp/gla...AlphaList.html

    S_dosFsLib_INTERNAL_ERROR (3670039 or 0x380017)

    May be set by the following routines:
    None

  2. Re: Error 0x380017 S_dosFsLib_INTERNAL_ERROR

    After looking through a DOS Scandisk log that ran before VxWorks
    started, it seems that the error may have been because of a FAT
    corruption. Scandisk found that the file "had an invalid FAT chain.
    ScanDisk corrected the FAT chain by truncating it."

    However, despite the fix by scandisk, DosFs still trips over this disk
    error. Is this a problem with Scandisk or VxWorks?

    In a separate incident, I've also noticed that DosFs doesn't like too
    many files (approx 500) in a sub-directory, even though DOS 6.22 boots
    fine. The filesystem initialisation will fail at VxWorks boot time.
    The only way to get the VxWorks DosFS driver starting properly again
    is by removing all files *and* that folder.

+ Reply to Thread