ORB for vxWorks 6.6? - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ORB for vxWorks 6.6? - VxWorks ; Hi all, I'm looking for a free ORB with small footage to run on vxWorks 6.6. Anyone has any experience with CORBA under vxWorks?...

  1. ORB for vxWorks 6.6?

    Hi all,

    I'm looking for a free ORB with small footage to run on vxWorks 6.6.
    Anyone has any experience with CORBA under vxWorks?

  2. Re: ORB for vxWorks 6.6?

    Hi,

    > I'm looking for a free ORB with small footage to run on vxWorks 6.6.
    > Anyone has any experience with CORBA under vxWorks?

    We have a lot of experience with ACE/TAO under VxWorks. It is open source,
    but we only deliver commercial support because of the huge costs involved to
    port and maintain the code for VxWorks.

    Regards,

    Johnny Willemsen
    Remedy IT
    www.theaceorb.nl

  3. Re: ORB for vxWorks 6.6?

    Hello,

    Thank you for your response. I think, as long as there is no
    deployment fees, it can be considered.
    On the other hand TAO seams an overkill with relatively big footprint.
    The performance also could be an issue. I heared about good TAO
    performance, but it did not come from embedded engeneers.

  4. Re: ORB for vxWorks 6.6?

    Hi,

    There are no deployment fees, we do have a sponsoring setup, see
    www.theaceorb.nl. TAO can be configured for smaller footprints, we have
    several customers doing this. Performance shouldn't also be an issue, we
    have several customers using ACE/TAO in embedded environments. Feel free to
    contact me directly to discuss the options.

    Johnny

    "Yakov Gerlovin" wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Thank you for your response. I think, as long as there is no
    > deployment fees, it can be considered.
    > On the other hand TAO seams an overkill with relatively big footprint.
    > The performance also could be an issue. I heared about good TAO
    > performance, but it did not come from embedded engeneers.

+ Reply to Thread