nfs exporting a CDROM - VxWorks

This is a discussion on nfs exporting a CDROM - VxWorks ; Hi everybody, I'm having the following problem with VxWorks 5.5.1 on a DY4 181: I must export via NFS the content of any CDROM inserted in the CDROM drive attached to the scsi bus of my DY4 181... The problem ...

  1. nfs exporting a CDROM

    Hi everybody, I'm having the following problem with VxWorks 5.5.1 on a
    DY4 181:
    I must export via NFS the content of any CDROM inserted in the CDROM
    drive attached to the scsi bus of my DY4 181...
    The problem is that the NFS server complains it cannot create the
    leofs file...Is there a way to tell the vxworks nfs server to store
    the leofs file somewhere else, for example on a scsi HD partition?
    Any suggestions?

    Thank you

    Luca

  2. Re: nfs exporting a CDROM

    It has been a while, so I don't remember if the following function is
    available for 5.x (it is available for 6.x).
    nfsdHashTableParamsSet (0, 0, );
    The 1st two parameters tell it to use the existing default values for
    the bucket size and the table length respectively. The 3rd parameter
    tells it where to store the hash table file (use NULL for default).
    Call it before nfsExport().

    As the default location of the file is the directory that is being
    exported, this routine can be used to work around the problem when
    trying to export a CD-ROM.

    If you are also having performance issues, moving the hash table file
    to a ram drive can help in that regard too.

    Sparky.

    On Sep 15, 10:58*am, lc...@libero.it wrote:
    > Hi everybody, I'm having the following problem with VxWorks 5.5.1 on a
    > DY4 181:
    > I must export via NFS the content of any CDROM inserted in the CDROM
    > drive attached to the scsi bus of my DY4 181...
    > The problem is that the NFS server complains it cannot create the
    > leofs file...Is there a way to tell the vxworks nfs server to store
    > the leofs file somewhere else, for example on a scsi HD partition?
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Luca

  3. Re: nfs exporting a CDROM

    On Sep 16, 3:10*am, peter.mit...@gmail.com wrote:
    > It has been a while, so I don't remember if the following function is
    > available for 5.x (it is available for 6.x).
    > * * *nfsdHashTableParamsSet (0, 0, );
    > The 1st two parameters tell it to use the existing default values for
    > the bucket size and the table length respectively. *The 3rd parameter
    > tells it where to store the hash table file (use NULL for default).
    > Call it before nfsExport().
    >
    > As the default location of the file is the directory that is being
    > exported, this routine can be used to work around the problem when
    > trying to export a CD-ROM.
    >
    > If you are also having performance issues, moving the hash table file
    > to a ram drive can help in that regard too.
    >
    > Sparky.
    >
    > On Sep 15, 10:58*am, lc...@libero.it wrote:
    >

    > > Hi everybody, I'm having the following problem with VxWorks 5.5.1 on a
    > > DY4 181:
    > > I must export via NFS the content of any CDROM inserted in the CDROM
    > > drive attached to the scsi bus of my DY4 181...
    > > The problem is that the NFS server complains it cannot create the
    > > leofs file...Is there a way to tell the vxworks nfs server to store
    > > the leofs file somewhere else, for example on a scsi HD partition?
    > > Any suggestions?

    > > Thank you

    > > Luca- Hide quoted text -

    Hi Sparky, thank you for your suggestion.

    Unfortunately, VxWorks 5.5.1 does not support the
    nfsdHashTableParamsSet system call: the nfsdLib only has the
    initialization routine (automatically called) and two show
    routines...I also looked at the mountLib, but even here no presence of
    that system call...

    It looks like it's impossible to nfs export a CDROM in VxWorks
    5.5.1...

    Any other idea?

    I don't want to be forced to copy the entire content of the CDROM into
    a partition of the scsi HD and then nfs export that partition...

    Thanks

    Luca

  4. Re: nfs exporting a CDROM

    It has been too long since I worked with the VxWorks 5.x version of
    NFS so unfortunately I can not think of anything else off hand.

    Peter

    On Sep 16, 2:56*am, lc...@libero.it wrote:
    > On Sep 16, 3:10*am, peter.mit...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > It has been a while, so I don't remember if the following function is
    > > available for 5.x (it is available for 6.x).
    > > * * *nfsdHashTableParamsSet (0, 0, );
    > > The 1st two parameters tell it to use the existing default values for
    > > the bucket size and the table length respectively. *The 3rd parameter
    > > tells it where to store the hash table file (use NULL for default).
    > > Call it before nfsExport().

    > > As the default location of the file is the directory that is being
    > > exported, this routine can be used to work around the problem when
    > > trying to export a CD-ROM.

    > > If you are also having performance issues, moving the hash table file
    > > to a ram drive can help in that regard too.

    > > Sparky.

    > > On Sep 15, 10:58*am, lc...@libero.it wrote:

    > > > Hi everybody, I'm having the following problem with VxWorks 5.5.1 on a
    > > > DY4 181:
    > > > I must export via NFS the content of any CDROM inserted in the CDROM
    > > > drive attached to the scsi bus of my DY4 181...
    > > > The problem is that the NFS server complains it cannot create the
    > > > leofs file...Is there a way to tell the vxworks nfs server to store
    > > > the leofs file somewhere else, for example on a scsi HD partition?
    > > > Any suggestions?

    > > > Thank you

    > > > Luca- Hide quoted text -

    > Hi Sparky, thank you for your suggestion.
    >
    > Unfortunately, VxWorks 5.5.1 does not support the
    > nfsdHashTableParamsSet system call: the nfsdLib only has the
    > initialization routine (automatically called) and two show
    > routines...I also looked at the mountLib, but even here no presence of
    > that system call...
    >
    > It looks like it's impossible to nfs export a CDROM in VxWorks
    > 5.5.1...
    >
    > Any other idea?
    >
    > I don't want to be forced to copy the entire content of the CDROM into
    > a partition of the scsi HD and then nfs export that partition...
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Luca

+ Reply to Thread