About VX_FP_TASK - VxWorks

This is a discussion on About VX_FP_TASK - VxWorks ; hello.. In my project, I use one more tasks ( display task (using OpenGL), control task, ...) To calculate position and rotation, VX_FP_TASK should be used in display task. But control task just receive some data from board. so control ...

  1. About VX_FP_TASK

    hello..

    In my project, I use one more tasks ( display task (using OpenGL),
    control task, ...)

    To calculate position and rotation, VX_FP_TASK should be used in
    display task. But control task just receive some data from board. so
    control task doesn't need VX_FP_TASK.

    task properities are like below.

    control task : priority 100 period 10ms
    display task : priority 200 period 20ms

    so. context switching happen.

    In this environment, we have a problem. ( display are wrong. for
    example, position and rotation are changed)

    But I don't know why control task cause the problem. ( if control task
    is removed, the problem is removed)

    Could you give me some advice or solution?

  2. Re: About VX_FP_TASK

    munhoney wrote:

    >hello..
    >
    >In my project, I use one more tasks ( display task (using OpenGL),
    >control task, ...)
    >
    >To calculate position and rotation, VX_FP_TASK should be used in
    >display task. But control task just receive some data from board. so
    >control task doesn't need VX_FP_TASK.
    >
    >task properities are like below.
    >
    > control task : priority 100 period 10ms
    > display task : priority 200 period 20ms
    >
    >so. context switching happen.
    >

    >In this environment, we have a problem. ( display are wrong. for
    >example, position and rotation are changed)
    >
    >But I don't know why control task cause the problem. ( if control task
    >is removed, the problem is removed)
    >
    >Could you give me some advice or solution?

    Does the control task use FP in any way, including displaying or argument
    passing? If so, then it needs the VX_FP_TASK flag as well.

  3. Re: About VX_FP_TASK

    On Sep 6, 9:24*pm, spammers_...@pandora.orbl.org wrote:
    > munhoney wrote:
    > >hello..

    > >In my project, I use one more tasks ( display task (using OpenGL),
    > >control task, ...)

    > >To calculate position and rotation, VX_FP_TASK should be used *in
    > >display task. But control task just receive some data from board. so
    > >control task doesn't need VX_FP_TASK.

    > >task properities are like below.

    > > * control task : priority 100 period 10ms
    > > * display task : priority 200 period 20ms

    > >so. context switching happen.

    > >In this environment, we have a problem. *( display are wrong. for
    > >example, position and rotation are changed)

    > >But I don't know why control task cause the problem. ( if control task
    > >is removed, the problem is removed)

    > >Could you give me some advice or solution?

    > Does the control task use FP in any way, including displaying or argument
    > passing? If so, then it needs the VX_FP_TASK flag as well.- Hide quoted text -

    maybe the control task use FP. however how does the control task have
    effect on the display task?
    actually, control task is independent with the display task.

  4. Re: About VX_FP_TASK

    munhoney wrote:

    >On Sep 6, 9:24*pm, spammers_...@pandora.orbl.org wrote:
    >> munhoney wrote:
    >> >hello..

    >> >In my project, I use one more tasks ( display task (using OpenGL),
    >> >control task, ...)

    >> >To calculate position and rotation, VX_FP_TASK should be used *in
    >> >display task. But control task just receive some data from board. so
    >> >control task doesn't need VX_FP_TASK.

    >> >task properities are like below.

    >> > * control task : priority 100 period 10ms
    >> > * display task : priority 200 period 20ms

    >> >so. context switching happen.

    >> >In this environment, we have a problem. *( display are wrong. for
    >> >example, position and rotation are changed)

    >> >But I don't know why control task cause the problem. ( if control task
    >> >is removed, the problem is removed)

    >> >Could you give me some advice or solution?

    >> Does the control task use FP in any way, including displaying or argument
    >> passing? If so, then it needs the VX_FP_TASK flag as well.- Hide quoted text -

    >maybe the control task use FP. however how does the control task have
    >effect on the display task?
    >actually, control task is independent with the display task.

    Research "lazy context save"

  5. Re: About VX_FP_TASK

    On 9월7일, 오후7시11분, spammers_...@pandora.orbl.org wrote:
    > munhoney wrote:

    > >> Does the control task use FP in any way, including displaying or argument
    > >> passing? If so, then it needs the VX_FP_TASK flag as well.- Hide quoted text -

    > >maybe the control task use FP. however how does the control task have
    > >effect on the display task?
    > >actually, control task is independent with the display task.

    > Research "lazy context save"

    What's meaning?

    you mean that this problem can happen because of lazy context save?

    How?

+ Reply to Thread