Linking problems with DIAB compiler - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Linking problems with DIAB compiler - VxWorks ; Hi, I am working on DIAB compiler for first time. I am building my application in MIPS64diab compiler using Tornado2.2.1. When I am trying to link my libraries, I am getting following error: dld -r -o test.out test_app.o -L..\MIPS64diab -ltest ...

  1. Linking problems with DIAB compiler

    Hi,

    I am working on DIAB compiler for first time.

    I am building my application in MIPS64diab compiler using
    Tornado2.2.1. When I am trying to link my libraries, I am getting
    following error:

    dld -r -o test.out test_app.o -L..\MIPS64diab -ltest
    dtools.conf: Unknown value of DOBJECT ().
    Use the -t option
    make: *** [test.out] Error 0x1

    My linking options are like below in Tornado2.2.1

    In "rules" section ,

    in "target" tab, I have given as "test.out" which will be my
    executable.

    In "dependencies" tab, I have given project name "test.a".

    In "commnads" tab, I have given following commands.

    $(LD) -r -o test.out test_app.o -LD:\Project0\MIPS64diab -ltest

    Please let me know if I am missing any options in linking.

    Thank you !

    Regards
    Satish.

  2. Re: Linking problems with DIAB compiler

    Hi Satish,

    Diab requires you to specify the target processor using the -t option.
    The -t option takes a bunch of arguments that depends on your
    hardware.

    May be this will help:

    The -?? option of dcc prints out, among other things, this:

    -t tof:env t:target processor, object format, f:floating
    point
    support(H:hardware, S:software, N:none)
    env:libraries
    suitable for target environment.
    [run dctrl -t for `tof` information]

    If you run 'dctrl -t' it will guide you to the proper arguments to
    give to the -t option for your system. I guess it will be something
    like -tMIPS64EH:vxworks551

    Hope this helps,

    --
    PAD

  3. Re: Linking problems with DIAB compiler

    On Aug 27, 10:52*pm, PAD wrote:
    > Hi Satish,
    >
    > Diab requires you to specify the target processor using the -t option.
    > The -t option takes a bunch of arguments that depends on your
    > hardware.
    >
    > May be this will help:
    >
    > The -?? option of dcc prints out, among other things, this:
    >
    > * *-t tof:env * * * *t:target processor, object format, f:floating
    > point
    > * * * * * * * * * * *support(H:hardware, S:software, N:none)
    > env:libraries
    > * * * * * * * * * * *suitable for target environment.
    > * * * * * * * * * * *[run dctrl -t for `tof` information]
    >
    > If you run 'dctrl -t' it will guide you to the proper arguments to
    > give to the -t option for your system. I guess it will be something
    > like -tMIPS64EH:vxworks551
    >
    > Hope this helps,
    >
    > --
    > * PAD

    Hi,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I have added "-tMIPS3XH:vxworks55 -W:c:" in my linking options. It
    solved the problem.

    I have copied this from compiler options.

    Thank you !

    Regards
    Satish.

  4. Re: Linking problems with DIAB compiler

    On Aug 28, 7:46*am, satish....@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Aug 27, 10:52*pm, PAD wrote:
    >

    > > Hi Satish,

    > > Diab requires you to specify the target processor using the -t option.
    > > The -t option takes a bunch of arguments that depends on your
    > > hardware.

    > > May be this will help:

    > > The -?? option of dcc prints out, among other things, this:

    > > * *-t tof:env * * * *t:target processor, object format, f:floating
    > > point
    > > * * * * * * * * * * *support(H:hardware, S:software, N:none)
    > > env:libraries
    > > * * * * * * * * * * *suitable for target environment.
    > > * * * * * * * * * * *[run dctrl -t for `tof` information]

    > > If you run 'dctrl -t' it will guide you to the proper arguments to
    > > give to the -t option for your system. I guess it will be something
    > > like -tMIPS64EH:vxworks551

    > > Hope this helps,

    > > --
    > > * PAD

    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks for your reply.
    >
    > I have added "-tMIPS3XH:vxworks55 -W:c:" in my linking options. It
    > solved the problem.
    >
    > I have copied this from compiler options.
    >
    > Thank you !
    >
    > Regards
    > Satish.- Hide quoted text -

    Now, When I download my executable, I am getting folowing unresolved
    symbols:

    __frame_info_start
    __frame_info_end
    __frameinfo_add
    __frameinfo_del
    __record_needed_destruction_on_list
    __process_needed_destructions_on_list
    __frameinfo_used
    __dl__FPv
    __nw__FUi
    __vtbl__17Q2_3std9type_info
    __cxx_catch_dispatch
    __dl__FPvT1
    __cxx_rethrow_call
    __vec_new_eh
    __vec_delete
    __memzero

    Does anybody has any idea regarding this?

    Thank you !

    Regards
    Satish.

  5. Re: Linking problems with DIAB compiler

    On Aug 28, 11:47*am, satish....@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Aug 28, 7:46*am, satish....@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > On Aug 27, 10:52*pm, PAD wrote:

    > > > Hi Satish,

    > > > Diab requires you to specify the target processor using the -t option..
    > > > The -t option takes a bunch of arguments that depends on your
    > > > hardware.

    > > > May be this will help:

    > > > The -?? option of dcc prints out, among other things, this:

    > > > * *-t tof:env * * * *t:target processor, object format,f:floating
    > > > point
    > > > * * * * * * * * * * *support(H:hardware, S:software, N:none)
    > > > env:libraries
    > > > * * * * * * * * * * *suitable for target environment.
    > > > * * * * * * * * * * *[run dctrl -t for `tof` information]

    > > > If you run 'dctrl -t' it will guide you to the proper arguments to
    > > > give to the -t option for your system. I guess it will be something
    > > > like -tMIPS64EH:vxworks551

    > > > Hope this helps,

    > > > --
    > > > * PAD

    > > Hi,

    > > Thanks for your reply.

    > > I have added "-tMIPS3XH:vxworks55 -W:c:" in my linking options. It
    > > solved the problem.

    > > I have copied this from compiler options.

    > > Thank you !

    > > Regards
    > > Satish.- Hide quoted text -

    > Hi,
    >
    > Now, When I download my executable, I am getting folowing unresolved
    > symbols:
    >
    > __frame_info_start
    > __frame_info_end
    > __frameinfo_add
    > __frameinfo_del
    > __record_needed_destruction_on_list
    > __process_needed_destructions_on_list
    > __frameinfo_used
    > __dl__FPv
    > __nw__FUi
    > __vtbl__17Q2_3std9type_info
    > __cxx_catch_dispatch
    > __dl__FPvT1
    > __cxx_rethrow_call
    > __vec_new_eh
    > __vec_delete
    > __memzero
    >
    > Does anybody has any idea regarding this?
    >
    > Thank you !
    >
    > Regards
    > Satish.- Hide quoted text -

    Above link errors are solved by linking libdiabcplus.a.

    But when I am including #include in my application, it is
    giving following errors in diab compiler :
    "D:\Tornado2.2_MIPS\Mips\host\diab\include\cpp\iosf wd", line 104:
    error #4020:
    identifier "mbstate_t" is undefined
    typedef fpos streampos;
    ^

    "D:\Tornado2.2_MIPS\Mips\host\diab\include\cpp\iosf wd", line 115:
    error #4020:
    identifier "mbstate_t" is undefined
    typedef mbstate_t state_type;
    ^

    "D:\Tornado2.2_MIPS\Mips\host\diab\include\cpp\iosf wd", line 313:
    error #4020:
    identifier "mbstate_t" is undefined
    typedef mbstate_t state_type;
    ^

    I am not sure about these errors. But in gnu compiler, same code works
    fine.

    I am using std::swap function from #include .

    Does anybody has idea how to resolve these compilation errors?

    Regards
    Satish.

+ Reply to Thread