VxWorks does not support Deadlock detection... - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks does not support Deadlock detection... - VxWorks ; Hi All, I wanted to confirm that VxWorks v5.5 does not support deadlock detection or protocols(such as priority ceiling protocols) used to avoid deadlocks Siddharth...

  1. VxWorks does not support Deadlock detection...

    Hi All,

    I wanted to confirm that VxWorks v5.5 does not support deadlock
    detection or protocols(such as priority ceiling protocols) used to
    avoid deadlocks

    Siddharth

  2. Re: VxWorks does not support Deadlock detection...

    VxWorks 5.5 supports priority inheritance algorithms on mutexes.

    There is documentation about it in the programmer's manual

    Jason

    On Aug 13, 11:51*pm, sidd wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I wanted to confirm that VxWorks v5.5 does not support deadlock
    > detection or protocols(such as priority ceiling protocols) *used to
    > avoid deadlocks
    >
    > Siddharth

  3. Re: VxWorks does not support Deadlock detection...

    On Aug 15, 8:38*pm, Jason wrote:
    > VxWorks 5.5 supports priority inheritance algorithms on mutexes.
    >
    > There is documentation about it in the programmer's manual
    >
    > Jason
    >
    > On Aug 13, 11:51*pm, sidd wrote:
    >

    > > Hi All,

    > > I wanted to confirm that VxWorks v5.5 does not support deadlock
    > > detection or protocols(such as priority ceiling protocols) *used to
    > > avoid deadlocks

    > > Siddharth- Hide quoted text -

    Proiroity Inheritance cannot be used to avoid deadlocks, it can be
    only used to avoid priority inversion. Whereas the prioroty ceiling
    protocol can be used to avoid deadlocks.

+ Reply to Thread