how to call my function in bootInit.c - VxWorks

This is a discussion on how to call my function in bootInit.c - VxWorks ; I copied the bootInit.c from target/config/all directory to my own bsp folder and did some modifications. When I wanna call my own function, such as watchdog_service() in the bootInit.c, I met the "Undefined symbol" error when building the vxWorks.st_rom image. ...

  1. how to call my function in bootInit.c

    I copied the bootInit.c from target/config/all directory to my own bsp
    folder and did some modifications. When I wanna call my own function,
    such as watchdog_service() in the bootInit.c, I met the "Undefined
    symbol" error when building the vxWorks.st_rom image. I did include
    the relevant header file in bootInit.c which contained the declaration
    of my watchdog_service(). So, please anyone can help me for this
    issue. Thanks.

    BRs,
    Alan

  2. Re: how to call my function in bootInit.c

    On Aug 11, 11:18*am, alanyin...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I copied the bootInit.c from target/config/all directory to my own bsp
    > folder and did some modifications. When I wanna call my own function,
    > such as watchdog_service() in the bootInit.c, I met the "Undefined
    > symbol" error when building the vxWorks.st_rom image. I did include
    > the relevant header file in bootInit.c which contained the declaration
    > of my watchdog_service(). So, please anyone can help me for this
    > issue. Thanks.
    >
    > BRs,
    > Alan

    hi,

    what is the vxworks version you are using?
    if its not vxworks 6.6, then for building a vxworks kernel image,
    bootInit.c will not compiled (it is for bootloader) and but usrInit.c

    refer manuals and try to update the bsp.

    regards,
    Giri Shankar

+ Reply to Thread