vxworks.st_rom cannot startup with romfs size over 2MB - VxWorks

This is a discussion on vxworks.st_rom cannot startup with romfs size over 2MB - VxWorks ; Recently, I built the vxWorks.st_rom combined with a romfs image. If the "content.romfs" size is less than 2MB, the vxWorks.st_rom can startup from flash device. But if the "content.romfs" size is larger than 2MB, it cannot startup and the HW ...

  1. vxworks.st_rom cannot startup with romfs size over 2MB

    Recently, I built the vxWorks.st_rom combined with a romfs image. If
    the "content.romfs" size is less than 2MB, the vxWorks.st_rom can
    startup from flash device. But if the "content.romfs" size is larger
    than 2MB, it cannot startup and the HW watchdog on my board is timout,
    then board reboots. If I disable the HW watchdog, the board is hung
    with this output:

    "Starting at 0xfe780100..."

    Part of my Makefile as below:

    ## The constants ROM_TEXT_ADRS, ROM_SIZE, and RAM_HIGH_ADRS are
    defined
    ## in config.h and Makefile. All definitions for these constants must
    be
    ## identical.

    ROM_TEXT_ADRS = fef00100 # ROM entry address

    ROM_WARM_ADRS = fef00108 # ROM warm entry address
    ROM_LINK_ADRS = fe000000

    RAM_LOW_ADRS = 00010000 # RAM text/data address
    RAM_HIGH_ADRS = 00e00000 # RAM text/data address

    #ifdef BOOTROM
    ROM_SIZE = 00100000 # number of bytes of ROM space
    #else # for BSP build
    ROM_SIZE = 00600000 # number of bytes of ROM space
    ROMFS_IMAGE= "content.romfs"
    #endif

    Hope someone can give me some suggestions. Thanks.

    BRs,
    Alan

  2. Re: vxworks.st_rom cannot startup with romfs size over 2MB

    On 8月4日, 下午4时37分, alanyin...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Recently, I built the vxWorks.st_rom combined with a romfs image. If
    > the "content.romfs" size is less than 2MB, the vxWorks.st_rom can
    > startup from flash device. But if the "content.romfs" size is larger
    > than 2MB, it cannot startup and the HW watchdog on my board is timout,
    > then board reboots. If I disable the HW watchdog, the board is hung
    > with this output:
    >
    > "Starting at 0xfe780100..."
    >
    > Part of my Makefile as below:
    >
    > ## The constants ROM_TEXT_ADRS, ROM_SIZE, and RAM_HIGH_ADRS are
    > defined
    > ## in config.h and Makefile. All definitions for these constants must
    > be
    > ## identical.
    >
    > ROM_TEXT_ADRS = fef00100 # ROM entry address
    >
    > ROM_WARM_ADRS = fef00108 # ROM warm entry address
    > ROM_LINK_ADRS = fe000000
    >
    > RAM_LOW_ADRS = 00010000 # RAM text/data address
    > RAM_HIGH_ADRS = 00e00000 # RAM text/data address
    >
    > #ifdef BOOTROM
    > ROM_SIZE = 00100000 # number of bytes of ROM space
    > #else # for BSP build
    > ROM_SIZE = 00600000 # number of bytes of ROM space
    > ROMFS_IMAGE= "content.romfs"
    > #endif

    > Hope someone can give me some suggestions. Thanks.
    >
    > BRs,
    > Alan

    This problem is solved. The root cause is the watchdog timeout when
    uncompressing the vxWorks ROM image to RAM, which would spend more
    time if the romfs size increased.

+ Reply to Thread