VxWorks: Unable to open startup script. - VxWorks

This is a discussion on VxWorks: Unable to open startup script. - VxWorks ; Hello, I've set up my ROM boot for a start up script. But when it boots, it's not able to open start up script and an error message is printed on the console: Unable to open start up script /flash/startup ...

  1. VxWorks: Unable to open startup script.

    Hello,

    I've set up my ROM boot for a start up script. But when it boots, it's
    not able to open start up script and an
    error message is printed on the console:

    Unable to open start up script /flash/startup

    This is how my ROM boot parameters look like:

    boot device : tffs=0,0
    unit number : 0
    processor number : 0
    host name : host
    file name : /flash/side1/scmclobjs/vxWorks.st
    inet on ethernet (e) : 10.207.101.55:0xffffff00
    host inet (h) : 10.207.101.2
    gateway inet (g) : 10.207.101.1
    user (u) : isb
    ftp password (pw) : common
    flags (f) : 0x0
    target name (tn) : isb000
    start up (s) :/flash/startup

    Please note that boot file and start up script both have the same root
    but still the opening of
    start up script fails. It's able to open vxWorks.st.

    Any idea what's the problem here?

    Thanks for your time.

  2. Re: VxWorks: Unable to open startup script.

    khank786@gmail.com wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I've set up my ROM boot for a start up script. But when it boots, it's
    >not able to open start up script and an
    >error message is printed on the console:
    >
    >Unable to open start up script /flash/startup
    >
    >This is how my ROM boot parameters look like:
    >
    >boot device : tffs=0,0
    >unit number : 0
    >processor number : 0
    >host name : host
    >file name : /flash/side1/scmclobjs/vxWorks.st
    >inet on ethernet (e) : 10.207.101.55:0xffffff00
    >host inet (h) : 10.207.101.2
    >gateway inet (g) : 10.207.101.1
    >user (u) : isb
    >ftp password (pw) : common
    >flags (f) : 0x0
    >target name (tn) : isb000
    >start up (s) :/flash/startup
    >
    >Please note that boot file and start up script both have the same root
    >but still the opening of
    >start up script fails. It's able to open vxWorks.st.
    >
    >Any idea what's the problem here?
    >
    >Thanks for your time.

    What is the error message?

    What version of VxWorks and Tornado or WorkBench are you using?

    | two, one and one make one."

  3. Re: VxWorks: Unable to open startup script.

    On Aug 3, 9:33*pm, "Michael R. Kesti" wrote:
    > khank...@gmail.com wrote:
    > >Hello,

    > >I've set up my ROM boot for a start up script. But when it boots, it's
    > >not able to open start up script and an
    > >error message is printed on the console:

    > >Unable to open start up script /flash/startup

    > >This is how my ROM boot parameters look like:

    > >boot device * * * * *: tffs=0,0
    > >unit number * * * * *: 0
    > >processor number * * : 0
    > >host name * * * * * *: host
    > >file name * * * * * *: /flash/side1/scmclobjs/vxWorks.st
    > >inet on ethernet (e) : 10.207.101.55:0xffffff00
    > >host inet (h) * * * *: 10.207.101.2
    > >gateway inet (g) * * : 10.207.101.1
    > >user (u) * * * * * * : isb
    > >ftp password (pw) * *: common
    > >flags (f) * * * * * *: 0x0
    > >target name (tn) * * : isb000
    > >start up (s) * * * * * *:/flash/startup

    > >Please note that boot file and start up script both have the same root
    > >but still the opening of
    > >start up script fails. It's able to open vxWorks.st.

    > >Any idea what's the problem here?

    > >Thanks for your time.

    > What is the error message?
    >
    > What version of VxWorks and Tornado or WorkBench are you using?
    >
    > --
    > * * * * * Michael Kesti * * * * * *| *"And like, one and one don't make
    > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *| * two, one and one make one."
    > * * mrkesti at hotmail dot com * * | * * * * *- The Who, Bargain- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks. The error message is:

    Unable to open startup script /flash/