motorola mv5500 VME A32 writes - VxWorks

This is a discussion on motorola mv5500 VME A32 writes - VxWorks ; Hello All, Does anybody have experience writing to A32 address space on a Motorola mvme-5500 board with vxworks 6.3. Mine can read and write A16 fine, and reads A32 ok, but when writes to A32 are tried in "real time" ...

  1. motorola mv5500 VME A32 writes

    Hello All,

    Does anybody have experience writing to A32 address space on a
    Motorola mvme-5500 board with vxworks 6.3. Mine can read and write
    A16 fine, and reads A32 ok, but when writes to A32 are tried in "real
    time" chaos results, i.e., the logic analyzer see missing write
    addresses and gives indication that the address is not found on the
    bus. I can get the writes to work with an artificial delay between
    individual writes.

    The exact same code works fine all around on a Motorola mvme-5107 and
    vxworks 5.5.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Doug

  2. Re: motorola mv5500 VME A32 writes

    On 2008-07-30, doug65 wrote:
    > Does anybody have experience writing to A32 address space on a
    > Motorola mvme-5500 board with vxworks 6.3. Mine can read and write
    > A16 fine, and reads A32 ok, but when writes to A32 are tried in "real
    > time" chaos results, i.e., the logic analyzer see missing write
    > addresses and gives indication that the address is not found on the
    > bus.

    I've used neither A32 nor 6.3, but I had a similar problem with A16 on a
    MVME5500 under 5.5. I call it being visited by Old McDonald; I had to
    drop a bunch of eieio instructions at strategic places. For 5.5, there's
    an (undocumented) library routine, vxEieio().
    --
    roger ivie
    rivie@ridgenet.net

  3. Re: motorola mv5500 VME A32 writes

    Hi Doug,

    I don't have any experience on any such board but I faced memory
    relate write faliures due to improper initalization of Memory
    Controler and SDRAM device. Check the type of SDRAM device and consult
    with data sheet of SDRAM and Memory controler.

    Hope that the information will be useful.

    Thansk and Good Luck,
    Manish Gupta

+ Reply to Thread