ttyDevice - VxWorks

This is a discussion on ttyDevice - VxWorks ; Hello I am facing a problem in creating a ttyDevice. My code #include "vxworks.h" #include "ttyDrv.h" #include "sioLib.h" SIO_CHAN *p; //device structure defined in sioLib.h void task() { ttyDrv(); //initialize ttyDevcreate("/ty/0",p,128,128); } But everytime I run task in an simulator,I ...

  1. ttyDevice

    Hello

    I am facing a problem in creating a ttyDevice.

    My code

    #include "vxworks.h"
    #include "ttyDrv.h"
    #include "sioLib.h"

    SIO_CHAN *p; //device structure defined in sioLib.h

    void task()

    {
    ttyDrv(); //initialize
    ttyDevcreate("/ty/0",p,128,128);
    }

    But everytime I run task in an simulator,I get an exception fault No
    13.

    In the debugger it shows fault in ttyDevCreate()

    I am not able to resolve the issue.

    help appreciated.

  2. Re: ttyDevice

    On Jul 29, 11:24 am, sen wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I am facing a problem in creating a ttyDevice.
    >
    > My code
    >
    > #include "vxworks.h"
    > #include "ttyDrv.h"
    > #include "sioLib.h"
    >
    > SIO_CHAN *p; //device structure defined in sioLib.h
    >
    > void task()
    >
    > {
    > ttyDrv(); //initialize
    > ttyDevcreate("/ty/0",p,128,128);
    >
    > }
    >
    > But everytime I run task in an simulator,I get an exception fault No
    > 13.
    >
    > In the debugger it shows fault in ttyDevCreate()
    >
    > I am not able to resolve the issue.
    >
    > help appreciated.

    ttyDrv(); is not called before from usrRoot()?? it should be called
    once...

    SIO_CHAN structure is not allocated in memory (malloced) and not
    initialized.

  3. Re: ttyDevice

    On Aug 3, 3:46*pm, Nabendu wrote:
    > On Jul 29, 11:24 am, sen wrote:
    >

    > > Hello

    > > I am facing a problem in creating a ttyDevice.

    > > My code

    > > #include "vxworks.h"
    > > #include "ttyDrv.h"
    > > #include "sioLib.h"

    > > SIO_CHAN *p; //device structure defined in sioLib.h

    > > void task()

    > > {
    > > ttyDrv(); //initialize
    > > ttyDevcreate("/ty/0",p,128,128);

    > > }

    > > But everytime I run task in an simulator,I get an exception fault No
    > > 13.

    > > In the debugger it shows fault in ttyDevCreate()

    > > I am not able to resolve the issue.

    > > help appreciated.

    > ttyDrv(); *is not called before from usrRoot()?? it should be called
    > once...
    >
    > SIO_CHAN structure is not allocated in memory *(malloced) and not
    > initialized.- Hide quoted text -

    How to call ttyDrv() from usrRoot()?????
    I tried to call usrRoot() from my code, but while downloading to
    target server it gives error: error while downloading unresolved
    symbol "_usrRoot_FPcUi"
    Note: I am using VxSim
    Help will be highly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread