A question about MPC850 reboot - VxWorks

This is a discussion on A question about MPC850 reboot - VxWorks ; Hello, Recently,we debug a board.There is a MPC850 chip on our board.The type of our MPC850 chip that we use is XPC850SRZT50BU.Now we meet a problem about MPC850 reboot.Below is the details: 1.We use vxWorks as our operation system.Sometimes we ...

  1. A question about MPC850 reboot

    Hello,

    Recently,we debug a board.There is a MPC850 chip on our board.The
    type of our MPC850 chip that we use is XPC850SRZT50BU.Now we meet a
    problem about MPC850 reboot.Below is the details:

    1.We use vxWorks as our operation system.Sometimes we need use the
    function 'reboot' to reboot the MPC850 chip.When we reboot about 10
    times,we found that the MPC850 chip is still in reset state.The HRESET
    signal is still asserted and the CLKOUT signal is not correctly
    locked,so the MPC850 cannot work continue.

    2.There is a watch dog chip on our board.Sometimes we need use watch
    dog chip to reset our MPC850.The watch dog chip will assert MPC850's
    POREST signal when it isn't fed within 1.6 second.The result is very
    similar.When we reboot about 10 times,we found that the MPC850 is
    still in reset state.But in this situation,the HRESET signal is
    negated,the CLKOUT signal is not correctly locked.

    In both two cases above,if manully reset the board,then everything is
    OK.

    Could you tell me where is the problem ?

    thank you very much

    leo

  2. Re: A question about MPC850 reboot

    On Jul 24, 11:11 am, wylg wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Recently,we debug a board.There is a MPC850 chip on our board.The
    > type of our MPC850 chip that we use is XPC850SRZT50BU.Now we meet a
    > problem about MPC850 reboot.Below is the details:
    >
    > 1.We use vxWorks as our operation system.Sometimes we need use the
    > function 'reboot' to reboot the MPC850 chip.When we reboot about 10
    > times,we found that the MPC850 chip is still in reset state.The HRESET
    > signal is still asserted and the CLKOUT signal is not correctly
    > locked,so the MPC850 cannot work continue.
    >
    > 2.There is a watch dog chip on our board.Sometimes we need use watch
    > dog chip to reset our MPC850.The watch dog chip will assert MPC850's
    > POREST signal when it isn't fed within 1.6 second.The result is very
    > similar.When we reboot about 10 times,we found that the MPC850 is
    > still in reset state.But in this situation,the HRESET signal is
    > negated,the CLKOUT signal is not correctly locked.
    >
    > In both two cases above,if manully reset the board,then everything is
    > OK.
    >
    > Could you tell me where is the problem ?

    Even though traffic has dried up to nearly nothing,
    comp.sys.powerpc.tech might be a better place for this kind of
    question.
    As far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with vxWorks.

    HTH
    GV

+ Reply to Thread