Attaching Tornado to Target - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Attaching Tornado to Target - VxWorks ; Hi All, (1) One of my tasks in the application will SUSPEND if I attached the Tornado to the task over a period of time (about 6 hours). Can someone explain to me what happen? (2) If I load the ...

  1. Attaching Tornado to Target

    Hi All,
    (1) One of my tasks in the application will SUSPEND if I attached the
    Tornado to the task over a period of time (about 6 hours). Can someone
    explain to me what happen?
    (2) If I load the same software into 2 similar target, how come the
    TID and SP are different on both targets when i issue a "command?
    Thks.

  2. Re: Attaching Tornado to Target

    On Jul 24, 7:41 am, Alex wrote:
    > Hi All,
    > (1) One of my tasks in the application will SUSPEND if I attached the
    > Tornado to the task over a period of time (about 6 hours). Can someone
    > explain to me what happen?
    > (2) If I load the same software into 2 similar target, how come the
    > TID and SP are different on both targets when i issue a "command?
    > Thks.

    Alex,

    I am not sure about 1) You might want to enable the target server
    backend loggin to see if a context suspend was emitted by the Tornado
    debugger.

    For 2) the tid and sp depend on the addresses of the memory block
    allocated by the task creation routine. The tid and sp addresses thus
    depend on memory allocation/deallocation that occured before the task
    was created.

    Philippe

+ Reply to Thread