Exception handler in VxWorks 5.4 and 5.5.1. - VxWorks

This is a discussion on Exception handler in VxWorks 5.4 and 5.5.1. - VxWorks ; Hello, We have a custom exception handler. It prints exception information, registers' contents, task info etc on console and to a log file and then reboots the card. This does print whatever we want to print on the console and ...

  1. Exception handler in VxWorks 5.4 and 5.5.1.

    Hello,

    We have a custom exception handler. It prints exception information,
    registers' contents, task info etc on console and to a log file and
    then reboots the card.

    This does print whatever we want to print on the console and to the
    log file for 5.4 VxWorks but nothing
    goes either to console or to the log file for 5.5.1 VxWorks.

    We use logMsg to print messages to the console. The file system is a
    flash file system.

    I tried using printExc (used by default exception handler:
    excExcHandle) and used excJobAdd to call functions which write to the
    log file. It seems to work but I'm not getting the whole text on the
    console. Also, some text is being repeatedly printed.

    Here are the questions:

    1. Why 5.5.1 doesn't work for something which has been working in 5.4?

    2. Is it a good idea to log to a file (flash file system) in exception
    handler? If not, how can it be done? By spawning another task after
    returning from exception handler?

    3. printExc and excJobAdd are used by excLib. Is it a good idea to use
    them in our exception handler?

    Just to remind you. The exception handler reboots the card after
    calling logMsg to print messages on console and calling functions to
    log the messages to the log file.

    Thanks for your time.

    Have a good day.

  2. Re: Exception handler in VxWorks 5.4 and 5.5.1.

    If you are certain your application has not changed between 5.4 and 5.5.1, then you can certainly talk to WRS sales rep or Wind River Customer support to see if they broke anything in 5.5.1.

+ Reply to Thread