profiling from shell - VxWorks

This is a discussion on profiling from shell - VxWorks ; Hi everyone Does any of you know how to to profling from target shell ? I'm using 5.5.1 adn don't have GUI interface.I need to know *all active tasks *how long each task take it end ? *task priorities and ...

  1. profiling from shell

    Hi everyone

    Does any of you know how to to profling from target shell ? I'm using
    5.5.1 adn don't have GUI interface.I need to know
    *all active tasks
    *how long each task take it end ?
    *task priorities

    and also i have another question

    Do you think is it possible to open a VxWorks 5.5.1 project under
    Windriver Workbench ?and take advatage of profiling tools like
    stethoscope etc ?

    thanks

  2. Re: profiling from shell

    Hi,

    > Does any of you know how to to profling from target shell ? I'm using
    > 5.5.1 adn don't have GUI interface.I need to know
    > *all active tasks

    The "i" command provides this.

    > *how long each task take it end ?

    You need to use WindView for this.

    > *task priorities

    The "i" command provides this.

    > and also i have another question
    >
    > Do you think is it possible to open a VxWorks 5.5.1 project under
    > Windriver Workbench ?

    This is supported for the PPC architecture.

    > and take advatage of profiling tools like
    > stethoscope etc ?

    The profiling tools and WindView are available along with Tornado for
    VxWorks 5.5.1. You may want to check with your local WR sales rep.

  3. Re: profiling from shell

    You can certainly import your Tornado 5.x into WorkBench. WorkBench project settings are backward compatible. You need to import it as a kernel project(without RTPs). And also BTW, You need ProfileScope to meet your requirements and not StethoScope. StethoScope is mostly good to learn spike in the CPU usage for certain change in events

+ Reply to Thread