how to debug the vxworks system because the error "Starting at0x30800000" - VxWorks

This is a discussion on how to debug the vxworks system because the error "Starting at0x30800000" - VxWorks ; Hi,my friend's mathine has problem after download the vxworks image from ftp server. Atfer download the image, the screen show the message " Loading.... 602128 Starting at 0x30800000" Then it hang on the above message! He dont' t know why. ...

  1. how to debug the vxworks system because the error "Starting at0x30800000"

    Hi,my friend's mathine has problem after download the vxworks image
    from ftp server. Atfer download the image, the screen show the message
    Then it hang on the above message! He dont' t know why. My mathine has
    run the vxworks successfully now with tornado. Now I know we can debug
    the system to look up the reason why the above message occurs and
    doesn't go ! But I don't know how to debug the system in the Tornado
    debugger. Anyone can help me?
    my mathine :Tornado 2.2, vxworks 5.5 ,pentium mathine.

  2. Re: how to debug the vxworks system because the error "Starting at0x30800000"

    On Jul 4, 8:02*am, lje9292...@yahoo.com.cn wrote:
    > Hi,my friend's mathine has problem after download the vxworks image
    > from ftp server. Atfer download the image, the screen show the message
    > Then it hang on the above message! He dont' t know why. My mathine has
    > run the vxworks successfully now with tornado. Now I know we can debug
    > the system to look up the reason why the above message occurs and
    > doesn't go ! But I don't know how to debug the system in the Tornado
    > debugger. Anyone can help me?
    > my mathine :Tornado 2.2, vxworks 5.5 ,pentium mathine.

    Change the CPU variable in BSP's Makefile and BSP files. For Example,
    try with CPU as PENTIUM or PENTIUM2 or PENTIUM3 and PENTIUM4.

    -Thanks
    C.Premnath

  3. Re: how to debug the vxworks system because the error "Starting at0x30800000"

    On 7月5日, 下午5时19分, prem.chakaravar...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Jul 4, 8:02 am, lje9292...@yahoo.com.cn wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,my friend's mathine has problem after download the vxworks image
    > > from ftp server. Atfer download the image, the screen show the message
    > > Then it hang on the above message! He dont' t know why. My mathine has
    > > run the vxworks successfully now with tornado. Now I know we can debug
    > > the system to look up the reason why the above message occurs and
    > > doesn't go ! But I don't know how to debug the system in the Tornado
    > > debugger. Anyone can help me?
    > > my mathine :Tornado 2.2, vxworks 5.5 ,pentium mathine.

    > Change the CPU variable in BSP's Makefile and BSP files. For Example,
    > try with CPU as PENTIUM or PENTIUM2 or PENTIUM3 and PENTIUM4.
    >
    > -Thanks
    > C.Premnath

    Thanks for your reply. And why you think it the problem of CPU . And I
    change the variable, it doesn't work.
    Also I want to know how to debug the vxworks system in Tornado
    debugger. Can you help me.
    Hope your reply!

  4. Re: how to debug the vxworks system because the error "Starting at0x30800000"

    On Jul 6, 11:37 am, lje9292...@yahoo.com.cn wrote:
    > On 7月5日, 下午5时19分, prem.chakaravar...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > On Jul 4, 8:02 am, lje9292...@yahoo.com.cn wrote:

    > > > Hi,my friend's mathine has problem after download the vxworks image
    > > > from ftp server. Atfer download the image, the screen show the message
    > > > Then it hang on the above message! He dont' t know why. My mathine has
    > > > run the vxworks successfully now with tornado. Now I know we can debug
    > > > the system to look up the reason why the above message occurs and
    > > > doesn't go ! But I don't know how to debug the system in the Tornado
    > > > debugger. Anyone can help me?
    > > > my mathine :Tornado 2.2, vxworks 5.5 ,pentium mathine.

    > > Change the CPU variable in BSP's Makefile and BSP files. For Example,
    > > try with CPU as PENTIUM or PENTIUM2 or PENTIUM3 and PENTIUM4.

    > > -Thanks
    > > C.Premnath

    > Thanks for your reply. And why you think it the problem of CPU . And I
    > change the variable, it doesn't work.
    > Also I want to know how to debug the vxworks system in Tornado
    > debugger. Can you help me.
    > Hope your reply!

    In Tornado 2.2.1 and VxWorks 5.5.1 versions, for AMD processors, you
    have to choose the Pentium BSP and Intel Procesors, Pentium3 BSP from
    target/config.

    Based on the processor, you have to select BSP. If you choose the
    wrong BSP, then you might get this kind of problem. You have to
    confirm this.

    For details of debugger, search in this group. Best you can do the
    serial port debugging. Write the code for serial port and use the cdf
    files (00bsp.cdf file).

    You can add the serial port debug code in projconfig.c ( I fogot the
    file name) file in your Tornado project by cdf files.

    -C.Premnath

  5. Re: how to debug the vxworks system because the error "Starting at0x30800000"

    On 7月7日, 下午10时25分, prem.chakaravar...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Jul 6, 11:37 am, lje9292...@yahoo.com.cn wrote:

    > > > Change the CPU variable in BSP's Makefile and BSP files. For Example,
    > > > try with CPU as PENTIUM or PENTIUM2 or PENTIUM3 and PENTIUM4.

    > > > -Thanks
    > > > C.Premnath

    > > Thanks for your reply. And why you think it the problem of CPU . And I
    > > change the variable, it doesn't work.
    > > Also I want to know how to debug the vxworks system in Tornado
    > > debugger. Can you help me.
    > > Hope your reply!

    > In Tornado 2.2.1 and VxWorks 5.5.1 versions, for AMD processors, you
    > have to choose the Pentium BSP and Intel Procesors, Pentium3 BSP from
    > target/config.
    >
    > Based on the processor, you have to select BSP. If you choose the
    > wrong BSP, then you might get this kind of problem. You have to
    > confirm this.
    >
    > For details of debugger, search in this group. Best you can do the
    > serial port debugging. Write the code for serial port and use the cdf
    > files (00bsp.cdf file).
    >
    > You can add the serial port debug code in projconfig.c ( I fogot the
    > file name) file in your Tornado project by cdf files.
    >
    > -C.Premnath

    Thanks! Yes, I have confirmed that I have choose the right bsp.
    And for the debugger, I havn't find in this group. Can you give me
    some link! Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread